Greek-Style Pasta Salad
I think pasta is one of the most versatile ingredients around. No surprise there, it can practically be added to anything, and anything can be added to it. I admit, I love my pasta. This Greek-inspired pasta salad is perfect as a side dish for a summer picnic or a served alone as a light meal. I love that it can be served cold. Who wants to turn the oven on when it’s 100 degrees outside, right? Pasta salad can not only serve as a side dish but also as a light meal by adding more hearty ingredients or protein. That’s the great thing about pasta salad – you can any ingredient you like to it!
Here is one of my favorite pasta salads I make quite often – Greek-Style Pasta Salad. I recently prepared it for Gabrielle’s Sweet 16 Celebration. The feta cheese, cucumbers, olives and vinaigrette dressing are all traditional Greek ingredients that makes this salad so tasty. Do you have a favorite salad you like to make? I’d love to hear. I hope you give this one a try and let me know how you like it.
- 1 lb. box of Penne pasta
- 1 Cucumber diced
- 1/2 cup Red Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Green Pepper diced
- 1/2 cup Celery diced
- 1/2 cup Onion diced
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes sliced
- 12 oz. Feta Cheese
- 2/3 cup Kalamata or Black Olives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic minced
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, chop vegetables: cucumber, peppers, celery, onion, cherry tomatoes and set aside.
- Chop olives and set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, add pasta and all the chopped vegetables. Add feta cheese to mixture.
- Pour prepared dressing (see below) over top and gently incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To Make Dressing:
- Measure 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar in a bowl. Add crushed garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk to incorporate.
- Once incorporated, gradually whisk in olive oil and blend well.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
I’m a huge pasta fan as well so pasta salads usually end up on my plate! Your salad looks delicious and so fresh with all the vegetables!
Oh, yummy! This is a great pasta recipe, and I love all of those fresh vegetables that are added to it.
I just love all the wonderful flavor in your Greek Style Pasta Salad. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
Come Back Soon!
YUM! I am a sucker for a good pasta salad, and yours looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing with the Merry Monday Linky Party!
I love pasta salad! Thank you for sharing. You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Here is the link to this week’s party. http://www.thededicatedhouse.com/2014/08/make-it-pretty-monday-week-111.html Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse
Wow! A 500 acre farm? That must be a lot of hard, rewarding work!
Thanks for sharing this recipe in the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! I hope you come again soon!