This simple Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule is a refreshing drink recipe. Grab your copper mugs and make this easy cocktail recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Here’s a little-known fact about me. There was a time in my life when I absolutely hated basil. Hate is a strong word so maybe I should say strongly dislike. But seriously, I never touched the stuff. Fast forward to about 15 years ago and my taste buds did a complete 180. Thank goodness! It’s definitely a welcomed change that I guess we can chalk up to age and maturity.
Here’s another insiders tip into the “life of Melissa.” I also recently jumped on the Moscow Mule train. I started hearing all the buzz about this ginger-flavored cocktail served in these really cool copper mugs and had to see what it was all about. Pretty darn good. Strawberry and basil surprisingly pair very well together. If you like a crisp ginger flavor with a twist of strawberry and basil, then this is the perfect cocktail for you.
Check out this strawberry drink recipe!Since it is strawberry season here on our farm, I wanted to create a Moscow Mule centered around these beautiful Jersey Fresh gems. Once again, there is nothing like a Jersey Strawberry. If only the season lasted longer. Sadly our strawberry season will be a lot shorter than normal this year due to the crazy sometimes warm, sometimes cold and rainy weather we have been having here in New Jersey. So I have to enjoy them every chance I get.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make A Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule?
The ingredients for the Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule are pretty basic but when paired together, make a slightly spicy, slightly sweet cocktail.
• Ginger Beer: There are a many brands of ginger beer. It’s a taste preference. You can find ginger beer at most stores or on Amazon. I like Fever Tree Ginger Beer. Barritts and Q Ginger Beer are two other popular brands.
• Good Quality Vodka: I prefer Tito’s but whatever brand you choose, don’t skip on quality. Spend the extra bucks for a better quality vodka.
• Fresh Strawberries: Farm fresh is best, so hit up your local farmer’s market for some fresh-picked strawberries.
• Fresh Basil: Grab some fresh basil too on your farm market haul! Please do not make this recipe with dried basil.
How Do I Make A Moscow Mule?
The key to making this drink spectacular is to muddle the fresh strawberry and basil leaves. Of course, when I made this drink, I could not find my cocktail muddler. So, I used my mortar and pestle instead and it worked perfectly. The key is to release the juices of the berries and basil.
Add the muddled basil and berries to the copper mug and add top with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice.
Strawberry season on our farm is always a reason to celebrate. Chances are you local farmers market has some beautiful strawberries too. Pick some up to eat. But remember to save some for this refreshing Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule. Cheers!
Save this Strawberry Moscow Mule Recipe For Later. Pin The Image Below To Your Favorite Pinterest Board
Toast the height of strawberry season with this refreshing Strawberry Basil Moscow Mule.
- 6 fresh strawberries cleaned and hulled
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 ounces vodka
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 5 ounces ginger beer
- 1 tablespoon agave optional
- Crushed ice
- Muddle strawberries and basil with a splash of ginger beer and lime juice. Add to a copper mug.
- Stir in vodka.
- Top with ice and ginger beer. Garnish with strawberries and sprig of basil.