This Hawaiian Shrimp Rice Bowl is a flavorful and simple 30-Minute meal. Full of Polynesian flavors, this easy shrimp rice bowl is a winner.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are mine alone. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
When it comes to quick and easy dinners for the family, I am all in. Life gets busy and I always stress about what to feed the family for dinner that won’t involve spending hours in the kitchen. That is why I like to prepare quick homemade meals that everyone will enjoy. Basically, I love to play with my food. By that, I mean that I like to experiment with ingredients and come up with meal plans that can be ready in 30 minutes or less. Say hello to this Hawaiian Shrimp Rice Bowl.
Try This Delicious Pineapple Salsa Recipe
What Do I Need To Make A Hawaiian Shrimp Rice Bowl?
The key to getting dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes is to have quality ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. Fresh fruits and vegetables along with quality pantry items help to get dinner on the table fast. Inspired by the Polynesian flavors of Hawaii, this easy Shrimp Rice Bowl uses three key ingredients that I always have on hand.
- Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice – Precooked natural parboiled 100% whole grain brown rice. It has the same nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice but ready in just 10 minutes, just ¼ the time of regular brown rice
- Dole® Pineapple – Naturally fat-free, cholesterol-free and rich in vitamin C, Dole® Pineapple iis a great compliment to all types of dishes including appetizers, main dishes, salads, side dishes, beverages, and desserts.
- Kikkoman® Teriyaki Sauce – KikkomanUSA.com offers easy “gateway” recipes so that home cooks can enjoy Asian flavor and flair any night of the week.
How Do I Make A Hawaiian Shrimp Bowl?
Rice bowls (or poke bowls) are a hot trend right now and I LOVE to make them. They are so versatile because you can switch up the ingredients to fit your budget, shopping list or personal preference. The possibilities are endless for these one-bowl meals. Serving everything in one bowl also means fewer dishes to wash. That’s a win-win for me!
The inspiration for this dish came from a trip to California during my teenage years. My uncle took us to a restaurant outside of L.A. and I ordered a Hawaiian chicken dish (for the life of me I can’t remember the name). My goal was to mimic the delicious Polynesian flavors and ingredients. Well, this Hawaiian Shrimp Rice Bowl is pretty darn close.
Begin by preparing the Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice according to the package instructions. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve. I love to serve Minute® Whole Grain Brown Rice with our family meals. The fact that it cooks so quickly is a plus for whipping up a quick and delicious dinner.
Now, sautee the shrimp on medium-high heat. I turned them once and removed them once they turned pink. This should take about five minutes. Make sure you don’t overcook them or they will get rubbery.
Next you will want to add the pineapple, onions, and peppers to the pan. Sautee for about 5 minutes. To make the Hawaiian glaze, I whisked Kikkoman® Teriyaki Sauce, some reserved Dole Pineapple juice from the can, honey, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch together. Pour over the vegetables and continue cooking on medium heat until the sauce thickens. Add the shrimp back into the pan and cook for one minute more.
To assemble, add a portion of the Minute Rice® and top with some shrimp and vegetable mixture. If you are not a fan of shrimp, you can easily substitute chicken or beef instead. Again, three cheers for the versatility of simple rice bowls.
Save this Pineapple Shrimp Bowl for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Try These Other Easy Pineapple Recipes
What are some quick meals that you like to whip up for your family? Do you ever make rice bowls? If so, you should definitely give this Hawaiian Shrimp Rice Bowl a try. It scores big on flavor and is ready in only 30 minutes!
This Hawaiian Shrimp Rice Bowl is a flavorful and simple 30-Minute meal. Full of Polynesian flavors, this easy shrimp rice bowl is a winner. This quick and easy rice bowl recipe is an easy 30-minute meal the family will love.
- 1 pound shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 can Dole® Pineapple in 100% juiced drained but reserve 2/3 cup of pineapple juice
- 3 cups prepared Minute® Rice
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman® Teriyaki Sauce
- 2/3 cup reserved pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Cook rice according to package instructions. When finished cooking, remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2/3 cup of the juice.
- In a bowl, mix teriyaki sauce, reserved pineapple juice, honey, garlic, ginger and cornstarch. Set aside until ready to use.
- Chop peppers and onions.
- Add coconut oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until pink, turning once. Don't overcook.
- Remove shrimp and set aside. Add onions, pineapple, and peppers to the skillet. Sautee for 5 minutes on medium-high until onions are transparent.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour teriyaki sauce mixture over the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Mixture will thicken as it cooks.
- Lower heat and add shrimp back into the pan. Cook just until shrimp is heated through.
- Serve over prepared rice.