Fire up the grill and make this Potato And Bacon Foil Packets recipe. This easy grilled side dish is a perfect summer recipe or camping recipe. And it has bacon in it!
This post was sponsored by Better Than Bouillon as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Summertime means grill time! Today, I am back with a delicious Potato and Bacon Foil Packets recipe. It’s a perfect weeknight grilling recipe, camping recipe or party recipe. And, it involves BACON. Um, hello! Yes, as we all know, everything is better with bacon. Especially these yummy potato packets.
Growing up, my mom would make this simple potato recipe all the time. She called them Hobo Potatoes. I just call them plain old delicious. As a potato fan, this easy grilling recipe is perfect for the summer months. But don’t be fooled, you can make this recipe all year long.
One pantry staple that always has a place on my shelf is Better Than Boullion. Better Than Boullion comes in six different flavors, including Chicken, Beef, Vegetable, Garlic, Fish, Mushroom. Not only is this concentrated paste perfect for gravies but a delicious flavor enhancer for your favorite recipes. It is a great alternative to canned broths, which can expire quickly once opened.
Potatoes are a staple in our home. I tossed these foil packet potatoes with a dijon sauce made with the Better Than Boullion Roasted Chicken flavor. So yummy. The dijon mustard gives this recipe a delicious flavor. And don’t forget all the deliciousness the bacon adds too.
I toss about half of the dijon-boullion mixture with the potatoes and vegetables. Reserve the other half of the boullion and baste the potatoes about halfway through the grilling process. This recipe takes about 30 minutes to grill. To speed up the grilling process, I microwave the potatoes and vegetables for a few minutes first.
When the potatoes, bacon and vegetables start to turn brown, you can remove from the grill. The potatoes get nice and crispy, the peppers and onions carmelize…AND the bacon juices distribute all over everything. Really, what is there not to love about this recipe!
Here are a few reasons why I love this Potato And Bacon Foil Packet Recipe!
- The Better Than Boullion and Dijon Mustard glaze pairs so well with the potatoes, bacon and vegetables!
- BACON. Ok, I think I already explained my profound love for bacon. But it really adds delicious flavor to this recipe.
- There is virtually no cleanup. That is why I love to grill. Take the mess outside. And when you are all done. Just throw the aluminum foil away.
- Who wants to heat up the kitchen? Keep the heat outside and your kitchen cool. This easy grilling recipe keeps the heat on the grill, not inside your home. That’s a win-win for me.
- 3 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 /2 cup chopped yellow pepper
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon Better Than Boullion Roasted Chicken Flavor
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Dice potatoes and place in a medium sized bowl. Add chopped pepper and onions.
Microwave vegetables for 3 minutes.
While vegetables are in the microwave, mix together the boullion, dijon mustard and water.
Toss half of the dijon glaze with the potatoes and vegetables.
Take a large piece of aluminum foil. Pour vegetables in the center. Turn up the sides to make a packet. Leave an opening at the top so the steam can release.
Add Potato and Bacon Foil Packets to a medium-high grill. Cook for 15 minutes and then slowly add the rest of the dijon glaze.
Cook for 15 minutes more or until potatoes are golden brown.
Remove from grill and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 367Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 794mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 5gSugar: 7gProtein: 19g