Tips For Creating The Ultimate College Care Package
Thank you to Magic Memories for sponsoring this post. As always, opinions are 100% my own.
One of my favorite things to do, since I became a “college mom”, is to send care packages to Gabrielle and my nieces, all of which are away at college. College is a huge step in life. For some the transition is a snap, for others, it is a big adjustment. I know from experience that receiving a care package at college is da bomb-diggity (yep, that’s a word)! I would patiently run to my mailbox each day when I was in college in search of cards and packages from home. A little love from home is the best thing you can give a college student. Today, I am teaming up with Magic Memories to share some Tips For Creating The Ultimate College Care Package.
Magic Memories is the global leader in making people smile. Their Smile Team is passionate about capturing your once-in-a-lifetime moments. You can make all your special photo memories last by ordering photo prints, gifts and more on their website.
When I was planning some care package ideas to send to Gabrielle, I shopped the Magic Memories website to find some fun gifts to send that would remind her of home. Be sure to check out their site and enter the giveaway below for a chance to win a $50 gift card to use at their online store.
I created this fun photo book for her and included some family photos, special memories and pictures of her artwork. It is a great keepsake that I know she will cherish.
This adorable mouse pad with Duchess’ photo on it is another fun idea. Gabby misses our girl and I know she will love this. I also included a custom mug with some fun family photos to remind her of home.
The best college care package is filled with things parents know their children will love. You can create a theme package or a mish-mosh of things you know they will appreciate and love.
Here are some ideas of what to include in a college care package.
- Create a theme package and purchase products centered around that theme. Ideas include movie night, ice cream social, cold care and spa day. Base you theme package around something your kid likes.
- Photo gifts
- Gift cards to local eateries
- Gift cards to convenience stores
- Homemade food (think cookies). Nothing perishable. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
- Music gift cards
- Non-perishable food (dare I say Ramen Noodles or Macaroni & Cheese?)
- Coffee pods or ground coffee
- Stationary or journal
- Make-up or beauty items
- Dorm room decor
- Amazon Prime Student Membership
- Room fresheners or diffusers
- Kitchen supplies (if they have an apartment)
- Clothing and accessories
- Water bottles
- Coffee mug
- Laundry Essentials
- Ear Buds
- Workout Essentials
- A good book
- Cell phone accessories (cords, cases, battery charger, etc.)
- Silly games
- Cash or cash card