Stay hydrated and cool on a hot day with these flavorful Watermelon Pops. Made with fresh ingredients in a blender, these popsicles are delicious and naturally good for you.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
What Are Watermelon Pops?
Watermelon Popsicles are a fresh frozen treat containing watermelon, kiwi, yogurt, and a few other ingredients. These pops get placed in the freezer until they’re cold and are perfect for consuming on a hot day.
Ditch the popsicles with artificial ingredients and stick with this healthier treat. Not only do these pops taste great, but they’ll also keep you hydrated on summer days. Unlike unhealthy frozen treats, these pops are good for you and contain nutritious ingredients to keep you feeling satisfied.
Ingredients Needed to Make Watermelon Popsicles
Make fresh and healthy Watermelon Pops using these ingredients:
- Vanilla Yogurt. The addition of yogurt makes these pops thicker and even healthier for you.
- Watermelon. You’ll only need a small watermelon for this recipe.
- Kiwi. Mash your kiwi before you add it to the mixture with the watermelon and yogurt.
- Honey. Include a sweeter flavor by adding honey into the mix.
You can also add mini chocolate chips into the mix with your Watermelon Pops.
Do I need special equipment to make the Watermelon Pops?
If you’d like to make these cold treats, you’ll need a blender, popsicle mold, and a strainer. The type of blender used doesn’t matter too much. It’s fine to use an immersion blender or a high-speed one.
Can I use Greek yogurt in this recipe?
You can use Greek or traditional yogurt in this recipe. Make sure it’s vanilla-flavored because the vanilla compliments the taste of the fresh fruit quite well.
Why do I need to use honey?
Using honey is an excellent way to give these Watermelon Pops a naturally sweeter taste instead of using traditional sugar or high-fructose corn syrup. If you don’t have honey, it’s fine to use agave or maple syrup for that added sweetness it brings to the treat.
How many pops does this recipe make?
When following this recipe, you can expect to make up to 12 watermelon pops. You’ll have enough for each person in the household to have more than one!
Should I add the chocolate chips?
Chocolate chips are an optional ingredient. However, they add flavor to these pops and make them look even more like watermelons. The chocolate chips will resemble the seeds of a watermelon. If you don’t have them, you can use chocolate nibs or leave them out completely.
How long will the Watermelon Pops need to stay in the freezer?
Leave your pops in the freezer for at least 45 minutes to allow them to become frozen before you add the kiwi to them. After you’ve added the kiwi to the pops, you’ll need to let them sit in the freezer with sticks attached for a minimum of four hours.
If you can leave the Watermelon Pops frozen overnight, it’s even better because then you can make sure they’re solid before you serve the pops and enjoy them.
More Popsicle Recipes From The Farm Girl Gabs
- Small watermelon
- 1/2 cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 tbsp Honey, maple syrup or agave
- Mashed kiwi
- Mini chocolate chips or cocoa nibs, optional
- Cut or scoop out the watermelon and add to blender.
- Blend on high and strain out the seeds.
- Fill cavities a little more than half full.
- Add cocoa nibs if you'd like to make it look like there are seeds.
- Place in freezer for one hour.
- Mix together yogurt and sweeter.
- Mash kiwi with a fork.
- Remove molds from the freezer, add yogurt mix.
- Freeze for 45 mins then add kiwi.
- Add sticks and let freeze until sold for a minimum of 4-5 hours.
Blender (high speed or immersion)