A Strawberry cupcake, fresh strawberries and a cheesecake filling pair to make these delicious Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes. This strawberry cheesecake cupcake recipe is a real winner.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
If you are a fan of strawberries, cheesecake AND cupcakes, you landed in the perfect place today. This easy Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe will satisfy your craving for each. This recipe was a long time coming, mainly because our strawberry crop this year to FOR-EVERRRR to get here. All good things are worth the wait, I guess.
Check Out This Delicious Strawberry RecipeIf there was a rewind button for 2020, I would definitely push it. I need a shirt that says “2020, what did we ever do to you?” A global pandemic, social injustice issues and below-freezing temperatures, coupled with excessive rain here in April are just a few major things happening in our little corner of the world.
Freezing temperatures and excessive rain took a toll on some of our crops, including the strawberries. Many don’t realize the ups and downs of farming and feeding America. Not only did the frost damage our strawberries (which is why they are so late this year), but we also lost about 30% of our peach crop and 30-acres of sweet corn. In a nutshell, feeding America is not easy. But it is part of the trials and tribulations of farm life.
OK, now lets get to the good stuff. Now that strawberries are finally ready to be picked, that means I can share with you some easy strawberry recipes, like these Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes.
Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe Ingredients
- Box of strawberry cake mix
- Whole Milk
- Unsalted Butter, softened
- Cream cheese, softened
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh Strawberries
- Heavy whipping cream
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Vanilla wafer cookies
- Strawberry jam
How Do I Make Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes?
First things first, you need to make the strawberry cupcakes. This is a super easy strawberry cupcake recipe because I doctored up a box cake mix. Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and beat until combined and smooth. Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 way full and bake in the oven for 22 minutes and allow to cool completely.
Next, you need to make the cheesecake filling. Combine all the cheesecake ingredients into a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy. Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some cheesecake mixture onto the top of the cupcake and spread evenly
Top these cupcakes off with some strawberry frosting. Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix with the whisk attachment until combined and smooth. If the frosting is to thin, add in some extra 1powdered sugar and continue mixing until thick. Scoop the frosting into a piping bag with a large star tip. Give each cupcake a nice strawberry frosting swirl.
Now it’s time to garnish the strawberry cheesecake cupcakes. Sprinkle the graham cracker crumb around the bottom of the cupcake. Drizzle strawberry jam onto the top of the frosting. Place a cut strawberry into the center of the frosting. Place a cookie behind the strawberry.
Must-Have Cupcake Baking Resources
Here are a few kitchen essentials you will need to make this recipe.
Try These Delicious Strawberry Recipes
Save this easy Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
- For The Cupcakes
- 1 box of strawberry cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C whole milk
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners
- Cheesecake ingredients
- 1 - 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Strawberry frosting ingredients
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 4-5 cups Powdered sugar
- 1/2 C fresh strawberry washed, hulled, and diced
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-3 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Garnish Ingredients
- 1 C graham cracker crumbs
- 22 vanilla wafer cookies
- 1 C strawberry jam
- 22 Strawberries cut in half
How To Make The Strawberry Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and beat until combined and smooth
- Fill cupcake liners about 3/4 way full and bake in the oven for 22 minutes. Remove and cool completely.
How To Make The Cheesecake Filling
- Combine all ingredients into a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop some cheesecake mixture onto the top of the cupcake and spread evenly.
How To Make The Strawberry Frosting
- Using a standing mixer, combine all ingredients and mix with the whisk attachment until combined and smooth.
- If the frosting is to thin, add in an extra 1/2 C of powdered sugar and continue mixing until thick scoop frosting into a piping bag with a large star tip.
How To Garnish Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Sprinkle the graham cracker crumbs all around the top of the frosted cupcake.
- Drizzle strawberry jam onto the top of the frosting.
- Place a cut strawberry into the center of the frosting.
- Place a cookie behind the strawberry.