Get a load of these spooky Green Slime Cupcakes, a delicious treat that kids and adults can enjoy. The cupcakes are perfect for serving during Halloween parties and events!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
How To Make Slime Cupcakes for Halloween
Have you ever tried Green Slime Cupcakes? If not, you need to! These cupcakes are moist and delicious with the perfect frosting that is light, sweet, and wholesome. But, what makes them even better is that they’re Halloween-themed with colors like black and green that are sure to grab attention when served at any Halloween gathering.
So, whether you’re going to a costume party or inviting friends over to celebrate, be sure to try these cupcakes because they’re amazing!
Why You’ll Love These Green Slime Cupcakes
Not sure whether you should make these baked goodies or not? These are a few good reasons to give this recipe a try!
- These cupcakes are super easy to make. You don’t need baking skills to prepare them!
- You’re making the frosting from scratch, so it tastes much better than any frosting you would find at the store.
- Not only do the cupcakes look good, but they taste even better. If you want to serve the perfect spooky treat to your loved ones, this recipe is worth following.
Green Slime Cupcake Notes
- When adding your green food coloring, add a few drops until you achieve the color you like. Don’t add too much of food coloring at once or the color might look too dark.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into your cupcake pan liners conveniently. It makes it easier, and less messy, and will leave you with cupcakes that are about the same size.
- When preparing your frosting, it’s best to use a stand mixer. If you don’t have one, you can use a hand mixer instead.
Which brand of cake mix should I use for this recipe?
The brand of cake mix isn’t too important. You can use something like Pilsbury or Betty Crocker to prepare your cupcakes. However, you’ll need to make sure it’s the French Vanilla flavor, or else your cupcakes will have a different taste.
Do I need to melt the butter for the cake mix?
No, you don’t need to melt it, but you’ll need to let it sit out and soften so that it’s easier to work with when you’re mixing everything.
Can I use a different flavor of cake mix?
If you’re not a fan of French Vanilla or can’t find it anywhere, you can always use a different flavor of cake mix, such as chocolate or traditional yellow cake mix. Use what you like and have available.
Do I have to use a piping bag to add the frosting to these cupcakes?
The piping bag is good to have because it will help you apply the frosting a certain way, leaving these cupcakes looking more professional. You can use a Ziploc bag as an alternative, but it might not work as well as it would if you had the piping bag.
Enjoy these spooky-themed Green Slime Cupcakes. They’re sweet, moist, and incredibly delicious!
Kitchen Essentials Needed To Make Slime Cupcakes
More Easy Halloween Cupcake Recipes
- Witches’ Brew Cupcakes
- Halloween Sprinkle Cupcakes
- Candy Corn Cupcakes
- Frankenstein Cupcakes In A Jar
- OREO Spider Cupcakes
- Mummy Cupcakes
These easy Green Slime Cupcakes are spooky and delicious. Whip up a batch of these easy Halloween cupcakes for the little ghouls and goblins.
- 1 box french vanilla cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- Neon green gel food coloring
- Cupcake pan
- Purple cupcake liners
- Vanilla frosting
- 2 cups unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 1 medium ice cream scoop
- 1 bag of Green sprinkle mix
- Green round icing circles
- 1 bag of black sprinkle mix
- 1 small piping bag
- Black gel food coloring
- Neon Green gel food coloring
- 2 tubes of green sparkle gel , located on amazon
- 1 medium bowl
- Green gumballs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with the cupcake liners.
- Using a large bowl, beat the cake mix, eggs, butter and whole milk until combined and fluffy.
- Beat in a few drops of the neon green and mix till combined. You may need to add in a few more drops of the gel food coloring to get a vibrant shade of green.
- Scoop batter into the liners, filling about 3⁄4 way full.
- Bake in the oven for 21 minutes.
- Using a medium bowl, combine the sprinkles.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla until fluffy and holds a peak.
- Using 1 medium bowl, scoop about 1 1⁄2 cups of frosting into the bowl and mix in a few drops of black gel food coloring.
- Using the remaining frosting in the mixing bowl, mix in about 6 - 8 drops of the neon green gel food coloring.
- Using the large piping bag, place it into a large cup and pull the piping bag over the edge of the glass to allow the inside of the piping bag to be wide open.
- Spoon 1 cup of the green frosting onto one side of the piping bag.
- Spoon the 1 cup of black frosting onto the other side of the piping bag
- Scoop green frosting using the scooper, onto the top of the cupcakes
Using a angled spatula, smooth out the frosting into a flat thick disk
Place the top of the cupcake frosting into the sprinkles and completely coat the frosting in sprinkles.
- Using the piping bag, pipe a dollop of frosting in the center of the frosting mound.
- Using the green sparkle gel, create drips of the gel around the center of the frosting dollop.
- Create some more drips on top of the frosting.
- Place the green gumball on top.