Is your mouth-watering yet just from reading the title? Did I have you at bacon? Corn AND bacon, what a perfect mouth-watering combination! Well, we are in the midst of corn season here at Russo’s. This simple recipe is a perfect way to kick-off the season!
Corn is the biggest crop we grow here at our farm. Each year, we grow about 300 acres of sweet corn. That translates to approximately 100,000 crates of corn which is packed and shipped all over the United States. Yep, that’s a lot of sweet corn. We grow three varieties on our farm – white, yellow and bi-color. Like the tomatoes we grow here in the Garden State, Jersey is also well-know for the sweet and delicious corn grown here.
I love grilling season. It keeps the house cool and the mess outside too. I love grilled corn too. Well, I pretty much like to eat corn any which way, period! By wrapping the corn in bacon, another flavor dimension is added. I then brush the corn with a herb and garlic infused butter to finish it off. So easy and so good!
First, clean 6 ears of corn. I used white and yellow.
After the corn is cleaned and washed, I wrap each ear with one slice of bacon.
Then, in a small saucepan, I melt one stick of butter. Once melted, I add 2 cloves of garlic and fresh basil and parsley.
I then head on out to my preheated grill. I brush each ear with canola oil so the corn and bacon don’t stick to the burners.
I grilled the ears for about 20 minutes at medium heat (375º). I turn them halfway through the grilling process so each side is perfectly cooked.
Once the corn is finished, I remove and brush with the warm garlic herb butter. Now is your mouth-watering? This is so good!
I love when fresh corn is in abundance in the summer. Be sure to hit up your local farmers’ market or farm stand for some fresh picked bargains. How do you like to eat fresh corn? Try this version. I bet you will love it!
- 6 ears of corn husked and cleaned
- 6 strips of bacon
- 3 tablespoons for canola oil
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1 stick butter
- Preheat grill to medium (about 375 degrees)
- Clean corn and wash off silk
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Add crushed garlic, basil and parsley. Cook on low until butter is fully melted
- Wrap each ear of corn with one piece of bacon. Brush canola oil on each ear so corn and bacon does not stick to the grill
- Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway.
- When corn is done and bacon is cooked through, remove from grill and brush with warm garlic herb butter.