This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweetWarmUp #CollectiveBias
How is your New Year going so far? Have you made any resolutions? I’m not very good with New Year’s Resolutions. I find that I usually break them by the end of the first full week of the new year. Not good! This year, I am calling my resolutions “conscious efforts.” It’s all about the mind-set and being consciously aware of the things you want to change about yourself. The holidays are behind us and I am sure we all have overindulged on an excess of foods and sweets. Now that the New Year is here, I am making a “conscious effort” towards healthier eating habits and lifestyle.
I am a firm believer that everything is good in moderation. I like to find ways to lighten up recipes so they can be equally healthy and delicious. These Lightened Up! Cherry Scones made with Truvia® Baking Blend are just that type of recipe — a reduced-calorie version of a traditional scone. And, what goes better with scones, why Bigelow Tea of course! There is nothing better than a scone and a cup of tea. Bigelow Tea has so many flavorful varieties that it is hard to choose. You can check out all their varieties by clicking here. I just love their selection. With scones, however, I prefer either the traditional Bigelow English Teatime® Black Tea or Bigelow Green Tea which is full of healthy antioxidants.
Have you ever tried Truvia? Truvia is natural zero-calorie sweetener born from the sweet leaves of the stevia plant. I use it on a daily basis in my tea and coffee. Truvia® Baking Blend is great to bake with too. It is a blend of Truvia® Natural Sweetener and sugar with 75% fewer calories per serving than sugar. Truvia® Baking Blend reduces calories but is not zero calories. It is a great way to add reduced-calorie sweetness to your recipes.
My local Target has a great selection of both Truvia products and Bigelow Teas. I just love the fact that Target always has great prices and well-stocked shelves. Truvia can be found in the baking isle. Bigelow tea is located in the isle with the tea and coffee products.
And, while you are shopping at Target, here are some great offers for these products:
- You can save money buy downloading a $0.55 coupon for Bigelow tea at by clicking here.
- You can also save 10% on your purchase of any package of Truvía® Natural Sweetener, Truvía® Baking Blend or Truvía® Brown Sugar Blend with Target Cartwheel. If you are not signed up, visit cartwheel.target.com or download the Cartwheel mobile app to join and start saving today!
- If you would like to try Truvía® Natural Sweetener before purchasing, please request your free sample at truvia.com/freesample today!
Making these scones is a SNAP! I begin by adding all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk together to incorporate. Then, I add the dried cherries, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and butter. Using a pastry blender, cut in the liquid with the dry to form a sticky dough.
Once the mixture forms a sticky dough, turn out onto floured surface. Flatten scone mixture into a round disk about one inch thick. Using a knife, divide dough into 8 equal triangles and place on baking sheet.
Top each scone with coarse sprinkling sugar before baking. **Note: you can use a biscuit cutter and cut the dough to form circles if you prefer.
These scones are low fat, simple and delicious. They are made with whole wheat flour and non-fat greek yogurt too which saves on calories. Here is the recipe for these flavorful treats. Don’t forget to enjoy yours with a cup of hot Bigelow tea!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter cubed
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 3-4 tablespoons sprinkling sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Truvia Baking Blend. Whisk until incorporated.
- Add beaten eggs, cubed butter, dried cherries and yogurt to dry ingredients. Incorporate with pastry blender. Batter will be thick and sticky.
- Once mixed, dump dough on a lightly floured surface. Flatten dough into a 1 inch thick circle. Cut into 8 equal triangles. Sprinkle each scone with coarse sugar.
- Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Truvia and Bigelow are working together to make the world a sweeter place.You can follow Truvia and Bigelow on following social media sites: