Frozen Mezcal Margarita
Whip up this fresh and frozen adult-friendly Frozen Mezcal Margarita. It’s the perfect cocktail to serve at family barbecues, gatherings and Cinco de Mayo.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Easy Mezcal Margarita
Cinco de Mayo is on the horizon and I am ready to celebrate! This frozen margarita is a perfect way to cap off the celebration. And honestly, I never met a margarita that I didn’t enjoy.
Whip up this flavorful adult beverage that everyone 21+ can enjoy at any special gatherings and events you plan on hosting. The ingredients for this refreshing Frozen Mezcal Margarita are so simple too. It’s slightly sweet with a hint of fresh lime juice for the additional zest, sure to satisfy your craving for a refreshing drink that pairs well with nearly everything.
Ingredients Needed to Prepare the Frozen Mezcal Margarita
If you plan to prepare this frozen drink, you will need the following ingredients to assemble it:
- Mezcal – Mezcal takes center stage in this cocktail. Mezcal is a mezcal is a smoky agave-based spirit from Mexico. It is often confused with its cousin tequilla.
- Lime Juice – Fresh lime juice is always best! Use about four ounces when preparing two Frozen Mezcal Margaritas.
- Triple Sec – Use roughly two ounces of Triple Sec to add a touch of alcohol to these frozen treats.
- Agave – An ounce of agave will add a naturally sweeter taste to this tasty beverage.
- Ice – You will need two cups of ice to blend with your ingredients to make this a frozen margarita.
Don’t forget to slice a few fresh lime wedges. The wedges are perfect for garnishing the beverage before you serve it. With just these ingredients, you will have everything you need to prepare an alcoholic beverage you can thoroughly enjoy.
Margarita Cocktail Making Essentials
Mezcal Margarita Recipe Notes
- If you want your Frozen Mezcal Margarita to look like something you would get at a restaurant, run your lime wedge around the rim of the glass and then dip it into some margarita salt before pouring your frozen mixture into the glass.
- You can make this margarita even sweeter by adding a teaspoon or two of orange juice.
- Although adding extra limes to garnish the beverage is optional, I would definitely recommend it. You can even squeeze the extra lime juice into your margarita to add extra flavor to it.
Mezcal Margarita FAQs
Are there any alternatives for Triple Sec that I can use when preparing the Frozen Mezcal Margarita?
Yes. If you don’t have Triple Sec, you can use a few other alternatives, such as Cointreau, Grand Marnier, or Orange Curacao.
Can I make more than just two margaritas with this recipe?
If you need to make more than two Frozen Mezcal Margaritas, I would recommend doubling or tripling the recipe. When you triple the ingredients, you can make up to six of these flavorful margaritas at once.
Where can I find margarita salt to use on the rim of the glass?
You should be able to find margarita salt at your local grocery store. If not, check your local liquor store or order online on Amazon.
The Frozen Mezcal Margarita is an easy-to-prepare adult-friendly beverage that you can enjoy on a warm day when you need something light, refreshing, and absolutely delicious to drink. With just a few ingredients, such as Mezcal, ice, Triple Sec, and some lime juice, you can start to make this frozen treat for yourself and loved ones!
Try these easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Flautas
- Grilled Pork Tacos
- Walking Taco Casserole
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- Strawberry Salsa
Sip Sip Hooray with these refreshing Margarita Recipes
Frozen Mezcal Margarita
Whip up this fresh and frozen adult-friendly Frozen Mezcal Margarita. It’s the perfect cocktail to serve at family barbecues, gatherings and Cinco de Mayo. Mezcal, a cousin of tequila, is the star of the show in this easy margarita recipe. It's slightly sweet with a hint of fresh lime juice for the additional zest, sure to satisfy your craving for a refreshing drink that pairs well with nearly everything.
- 4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 4 oz. Mezcal
- 2 oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. Agave
- 2 cups ice
- Margarita salt for the rim
- Fresh lime wedges or slices for garnish
- To your blender, add fresh lime juice, Mezcal, triple sec, agave, and ice.
Blend until smooth.
- To rim the glasses, run a lime wedge around the rims, then dip into the margarita salt.
- Pour the margaritas into two glasses.
- Garnish with fresh lime slices or wedges.