If you’re looking for a zesty, slightly sweet treat to eat with your favorite tortilla trips, try this delicious Strawberry Salsa. It’s light, refreshing, and super flavorful. It’s the perfect summer salsa recipe to sink your teeth into.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Strawberry season is still going strong here on the farm. I think I have been eating about a quart of these red beauties a day. Today, I have a different twist on these sweet gems. This strawberry salsa recipe is refreshing and a unique alternative to a sweet strawberry dessert. Serve it at your next summer gathering. You won’t be disappointed. Make sure you grab some fresh strawberries from your local farmers’ market during their peak season.
What Is Strawberry Salsa?
Strawberry Salsa is a light, refreshing dip that you can enjoy with salty tortilla chips or add on top of some of your favorite foods. While traditional salsa is more tomato-based than anything else, this type of salsa has a sweeter, bolder taste and is absolutely amazing. If you’re tired of the same traditional dips for your chips, give this easy, simple recipe a try. You’ll love how well the ingredients pair together to create something amazing!
This salsa is not only an easy Cinco de Mayo recipe but great a great appetizer to serve any time of the year.
Must-Have Ingredients for Strawberry Salsa
If you’d like to make this easy side for chips, tacos, and more, be sure to have the following must-have ingredients:
Strawberries – Use fresh strawberries for this salsa recipe. You’ll rinse them and chop them into fine pieces.
Lime – The lime juice adds such an incredibly light and refreshing taste to this homemade salsa, making it that much more enjoyable.
Red Onion – The bold flavor of the red onion pairs perfectly with the strawberries and lime to create a heavenly combination you can’t resist!
These are the primary ingredients needed to prepare the Strawberry Salsa before setting it in the fridge to get cold. While you don’t necessarily have to wait for it to get cold to eat it, it’s going to taste best when chilled in the fridge.
What Kitchen Tools Do I Need To Make Homemade Salsa
These handy kitchen gadgets are needed to make a batch of homemade salsa
How can I make this salsa super spicy?
If you’re a spice lover who’d like to bring a kick to this salsa, be sure to add sliced jalapenos to the mixture. Not only will the jalapenos add a slight crunch to this incredible salsa, but it will also bring the heat, making it much spicier than before.
What can I put this salsa on?
You can put this salsa on anything you’d like. It tastes great on chicken tacos, beef tacos, and even salad bowls. You can serve it on top of chicken, spread it on a tortilla, eat it on its own, or add it to any of your favorite foods.
Can I use a yellow onion?
While you can use a yellow onion in a pinch, it’s best to use the red onion for this salsa recipe because of the flavor it adds to the dish. The red onion tends to have a much bolder taste that really takes the salsa to the next level.
Homemade Salsa Recipe Notes
- You can customize this salsa to your liking by adding different ingredients to it, such as fresh cilantro, which would also go great with the strawberries and other components of this dip.
- If you don’t have fresh lime, feel free to use lime juice from a bottle. It’ll work well enough for you to prepare this salsa.
- Be sure to store the salsa in the fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes before serving to give it time to get a bit cold. It tastes best when cold, but you can eat it however you like it!
Try These Easy Summer Appetizer Recipes
- Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- Peach Pico de Gallo
- Roasted Tomato Salsa
- Burratta & Fire-Roasted Bruschetta
- Jarcuterie Mason Jars (Individual Chartuterie Jars)
If you’re looking for a zesty, slightly sweet treat to eat with your favorite tortilla trips, try this delicious Strawberry Salsa. It’s light, refreshing, and super flavorful. It's the perfect summer salsa recipe to sink your teeth into.
- 3 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño seeded and diced (keep some seeds if you prefer extra heat)
- juice of a large lime
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Pinch of sea salt
- Add all ingredients together in a large bowl and toss well to combine.
- Allow mixture to sit for a few minutes to marinate the flavors.
- Serve with chips and or use to top your favorite grilled meat.