Combine the sweet taste of two desserts when preparing this delicious Homemade No-Churn Blueberry Pie Ice Cream. It’s sweet, loaded with flavor, and perfect as an after-dinner treat. Best part is that no ice cream machine is required!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Craving something cold, sweet, and delicious? Whip up this delicious No-Churn Homemade Blueberry Pie Ice Cream from scratch using less than ten ingredients. It’s fresh, flavorful, and even better than store-bought ice cream from the grocery store.
Homemade Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
After a warm, comforting meal, there’s nothing like having a cold bowl of delicious homemade ice cream. Rather than buying your ice cream from the store, you can easily prepare it at home using simple, fresh ingredients, such as sugar, vanilla, heavy cream, and blueberries. Not only is this frozen treat perfect for enjoying with the family after dinner, but it’s also an excellent dessert to serve to loved ones on hot days.
Why You’ll Love the Blueberry Pie Ice Cream
- It’s much easier to make than you might think. You can assemble it in no time, freeze it, and enjoy it.
- The Blueberry Pie Homemade Ice Cream has a creamy texture and naturally sweet taste.
- You won’t have to worry about preservatives and other unhealthy additives when preparing this ice cream from scratch.
Blueberry Pie Ice Cream Ingredients
If you want to make this tasty frozen dessert, you will need:
- Heavy Cream – Use two cups of heavy cream to create your ice cream.
- Yolks – You will need five egg yolks.
- Vanilla – Enhance the taste of your ice cream with a tablespoon of vanilla.
- Blueberries – Add 300g fresh blueberries to your ice cream for that naturally sweet, wholesome flavor.
- Lemon – Use one lemon to add a zesty touch to this ice cream.
- Pie Crust – You will crumble your pie crust and add the pieces to your ice cream to give it that special touch.
Lastly, you will need ⅛ teaspoon of salt to prepare the Blueberry Pie Homemade Ice Cream.
Homemade Ice Cream Notes
- Use a stand mixer to easily combine your cream with the yolks, vanilla, and sugar.
- Make sure to allow your ice cream to sit in the freezer for a minimum of five hours, if not longer than that.
- You can add all kinds of toppings to this ice cream, such as whipped cream, chocolate syrup, caramel syrup, and more.
Ice Cream Essentials
Printable Birthday Party Planner
Homemade Ice Cream FAQs
Can I use frozen blueberries for this ice cream recipe?
It’s best to use fresh blueberries. However, if you only have frozen available, you can toss them into your heavy cream mixture.
What kind of crust should I use for the homemade ice cream?
You can use a prepared crust or make one from scratch, whichever you prefer. It doesn’t need to be perfect because you will be breaking this pie crust into pieces and tossing the pieces in with your heavy cream, vanilla, blueberries, and more.
Can I prepare this recipe using strawberries instead of blueberries?
Absolutely! If you prefer strawberries or simply don’t have blueberries available, feel free to swap the blueberries for strawberries. The homemade ice cream will still come out tasting amazing.
Enjoy the wholesome taste of this fresh, frozen dessert prepared from scratch. With some of the simplest ingredients available, you can make the most incredible Blueberry Pie Homemade Ice Cream you’ve ever tasted.
Try these Homemade Ice Cream Treats
Combine the sweet taste of two desserts when preparing this delicious Homemade Blueberry Pie Ice Cream. It's sweet, loaded with flavor, and perfect as an after-dinner treat.
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup fresh Blueberries
- 1 Lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 Pie crust
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- Whisk the cream with yolks, sugar, and vanilla.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let the mixture cool completely.
- In a saucepan, mix blueberries with ½ cup of sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let the mixture cool completely.
- Mix cream and berries together, add the crumbled crust,.
- Transfer to 9"-x-5" loaf pan and freeze until firm, about 5 hours.