Get your spoons ready. Toasted Coconut Ice Cream Delight is an ice cream version of a coconut cream pie. It’s the perfect summer dessert!
This is a sponsored post. As always, opinions are 100% my own.
HELLO SUMMER! Summer is here and that means one thing…..it’s time for LOTS of ice cream. You know how the saying goes, “I scream, you scream, we all scream for Ice Cream!” Ice Cream seems to be a summer staple here in our house. It’s always something my kids enjoy while hanging out at our pool with their friends.
Grab your spoons because I have a really delicious ice cream dessert, made with Blue Bunny Ice Cream, to share with you today. It’s an old family favorite that I like to call Toasted Coconut Ice Cream Delight. If you are a fan of coconut cream pie (like I am) and a fan of vanilla pudding (like I am), and a fan of Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream (like I am) – then you are going to love this dessert! It’s an ice cream version of a coconut cream pie.
I love the versatility of this dessert too. You can virtually turn it into an ice cream/pudding flavor combination you like. You can really get creative (hint…this is really good with strawberry ice cream, fresh strawberries and vanilla pudding).
Here is how to make this tasty ice cream treat.
In the bowl of a mixer, add one container of Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream, 2 small packages of vanilla instant pudding mix, 1 cup of toasted coconut, milk and coconut extract. Beat until everything is combined. Pour this over the crumbs in the baking dish.
Top with whipped cream and add the rest of the toasted coconut. Refrigerate for at least two hours. Don’t worry if it seems runny. The filling will set and will firm up.
Don’t you just want to dive in? I do. This Toasted Coconut Ice Cream Delight is the perfect answer for a hot summer day – cool and refreshing!
- 90 butter-flavored crackers crushed
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 - 1.75 quart container of Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 small boxes instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups toasted coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut extract
- 12 ounces frozen whipped topping
- In a bowl, crush butter crackers.
- Pour melted butter over top of crackers and line the bottom of a 13 x 9 baking dish with them.
- Press down to compact them.
- In a mixing bowl, add ice cream, pudding, milk, 1 1/4 cup toasted coconut, and coconut extract.
- Mix until well blended.
- Pour ice cream mixture over crushed crackers.
- Top with frozen whipped topping and garnish with remaining toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.