This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SoHoppinGood #CollectiveBias
No matter what the season, there is one thing my family always enjoys and that is ice cream. Ice cream is one of those fun indulgences that kids of all ages love. Spring is here and it is a perfect reason to welcome “ice cream season”. Blue Bunny® Ice Cream is the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of warmer weather. You, the “I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!” time of year. I made these Cherry Bombs to get the celebration started. These ice cream cupcakes are made with Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate™.
Blue Bunny® is always a family favorite. There are so many great flavors, it’s really hard to choose JUST one! Have you seen the new Blue Bunny® packaging? It’s clear so you can see all the cool swirls and ingredients. The Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate™ variety is full of cherries and chocolate chips. It really is “so hoppin’ good!”
These Cherry Bombs couldn’t be any easier to make. Start my mixing a box of chocolate cake mix. Fill the lined muffin pans 2/3 full and bake according to package directions. Once cooled, slice the tops off and sprinkle some chopped peanuts and mini chocolate chips over cupcake. Add a nice layer of hot fudge. Now the fun part……add a nice heaping tablespoon (or two) of Blue Bunny® Cherry Pickin’ Chocolate™ ice cream. Put the tops back on. Add a fancy swirl of vanilla icing or whipped cream and top with a cherry. Pop in the freezer for 3 hours before serving.
You seriously can’t go wrong with chocolate cupcakes filled with a cherry chocolate ice cream. We have a lot of fun things going on here this spring and summer, including two graduations and a birthday, so these Cherry Bombs will be perfect to serve. These freeze well too. Store them in an air-tight freezer container and freeze until ready to eat.
I purchased Blue Bunny® Ice Cream at Wal Mart. It is located in the freezer section. I also made sure I grabbed the other ingredients I needed to make these Cherry Bombs too.
Ice cream makes the world a better place! On a cone, in a bowl or in a dessert like these Cherry Bombs, ice cream is a perfect reason to welcome spring. Have your tried Blue Bunny®? Be sure to check out the Blue Bunny® social hub by clicking here. Bes ure to let me know your favorite flavor is?
- 1 box chocolate cake mix prepared according to package directions
- 1 container Blue Bunny Ice Cream® Cherry Pickin' Chocolate
- I cup chopped peanuts
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Hot fudge topping
- Maraschino Cherries for garnish
- Vanilla icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cupcake pans with baking cups
- Mix chocolate cake mix according to package directions.
- Fill cupcake tins 2/3 full with chocolate cake batter. Bake 20 minutes.
- When cupcake are done baking, remove from oven and cool completely.
- Slice tops off cupcakes and set aside. Fill each with nuts, chocolate chips and a generous drizzle of hot fudge.
- Top with ice cream and replace the top.
- Pipe vanilla icing on top and garnish with a cherry.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours.