Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Who says you need takeout when you’re in the mood for pizza? Give this savory and delicious Cast Iron Skillet Pizza recipe a try, you won’t be disappointed! It’s an easy homemade pizza recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Iron Skillet Pizza
If you’re a pizza lover who enjoys the incredible taste of sauce and cheese spread out on a crisp, flavorful crust, you will thoroughly enjoy this Cast Iron Skillet Pizza. It’s easy to prepare and perfect for one of those nights when you just don’t know what to cook. Not only will you enjoy this recipe, but so can the rest of the family!
Why You’ll Love Pizza in the Cast Iron Skillet
- It’s a super simple recipe that will leave you with a savory slice of pizza to enjoy!
- You can save money by preparing this pizza in a skillet instead of ordering takeout. Best of all, there is plenty to go around, so everyone can enjoy it.
- You will have the option of customizing this pizza to your liking, using some of your favorite toppings to give it that extra touch!
These are only some of the many reasons to give this delicious Iron Skillet Pizza recipe a try. As long as you’re a fan of pizza, you can rest assured that you will love the taste of this pizza once you’ve finished preparing it.
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza Ingredients
Before you can make the most impressive skillet pizza, be sure to have the following ingredients ready to use:
- Flour – You will need the flour to prepare a homemade crust that will have the perfect consistency and texture, making this pizza a huge hit.
- Baking Powder – Of course, you can’t have the crust without a few other ingredients, such as baking powder.
- Cornmeal – Use the cornmeal in the skillet to prevent your dough from getting stuck!
- Pizza Sauce – Add pizza sauce for that signature flavor you know and love in any slice of pizza.
- Mozzarella Cheese – You can use shredded or sliced mozzarella cheese, whichever you personally prefer.
- Toppings – Add any toppings you’d like to fully customize your pizza. Some good options include red onions, pepperoni, bacon, sausage, or even green peppers.
With these and a few other ingredients, such as olive oil, water, and salt, you will have everything you need to get started.
What kind of pizza sauce will I need to use?
You can use any brand or style of pizza sauce that you personally prefer. For example, Ragu makes a tasty pizza sauce available in the jar. However, you can buy any kind you’ve tried before or are interested in tasting.
Can I make this recipe with a garlic sauce to prepare a white pizza?
Absolutely. If you prefer white pizza over red pizza, you can use a garlic sauce instead of a red marinara-style sauce and still enjoy the flavor of this wholesome and delicious pizza.
How long will this pizza need to bake?
You can bake it for a minimum of 10 minutes. However, if you like your crust extra crispy, feel free to leave the pizza in the oven for a few more minutes.
Enjoy this easy and delicious Iron Skillet Pizza. It’s fun to make, tastes amazing, and will save you money from ordering out.
Try These Easy Homemade Pizza Recipes
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Easy Grilled Pizza
- Watermelon Pizza
- Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels
- Stuffed Pizza Zucchini Boats
- Red, White & Blue Brownie Pizza
- Caprese Flatbread
Must-Have Recipe Pizza-Making Essentials
Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
Who says you need takeout when you’re in the mood for pizza? Give this savory and delicious Cast Iron Skillet Pizza recipe a try, you won’t be disappointed! It's an easy homemade pizza recipe.
- Pizza Crust
- 2 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cornmeal for skillet
- Pizza Toppings
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- Choice of toppings
- Italian Sausage
- Green Pepper
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add water and olive oil together in a measuring cup
Slowly add the water mixture to the flour mixture, mixing the two together as you add the water mixture
- Mix the dough with a wooden spoon or your hands until the dough becomes soft but not sticky and well combined. If the dough is dry add water a tablespoon at a time until the dough is soft
- Making the Pizza: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Preheat cast iron skillet in the oven for 3-5 minutes
- While the pan heats, roll out the dough into a round shape, big enough to cover the bottom of your pan, plus about an inch up the sides. Allow the dough to relax and re-stretch if needed.
- After the pan is preheated remove from the oven and place on a wire rack. Sprinkle the bottom of the pan with cornmeal and place dough in the bottom of the pan, working the edges up the sides. Be careful, the pan will be HOT!
- Place the pan back in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, remove when dough starts to rise
- Brush the outer edges with olive oil and spread the pizza sauce evenly over the dough, bringing it right to the edge of the pizza
- Top with mozzarella and your choice of pizza toppings.
- Bake for 10-12 mins, or until the mozzarella is golden brown and bubbling and the crust is cooked through.
- Slice and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in airtight container in refrigerator