For the perfect easy fall mason jar dessert, this Pumpkin Pie in a Jar recipe is just what you need. This twist on the fall favorite pumpkin pie is easy to make and delicious.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
When you think about the fall season, what is one flavor that comes to mind most? For me, it is pumpkin. I love the taste of pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice coffee in the morning, and even pumpkin roll with cream cheese.
So, what if I told you there is a simple recipe you can follow to make a delectable pumpkin-flavored treat? All you will need is a few ingredients and several minutes of your time.
Try This Easy Pumpkin Dessert Recipe!
Trust me, I enjoy pumpkin desserts, but not all the time it typically takes to make them. The good news is that this recipe is easy and stress-free. You can prepare it in five minutes and have it ready to eat in less than an hour.
Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
When looking for an easy pumpkin recipe, this pumpkin pie in a jar recipe is a top choice. You can make this at home in the kitchen as a dessert to eat after dinner or as a treat to serve to your kids. It is so easy to make that you might even want to consider following this mason jar recipe when preparing treats for an office party or family gathering.
When I want to make an easy fall dessert that I feel will impress my loved ones, this is my go-to recipe. I love that the recipe makes five servings, so there is more than enough to go around, but you can also double the recipe to increase the number of servings available based on the number of people in your home.
Why Pumpkin Pie in a Jar is a Must-Try Recipe
The recipe consists of pureed pumpkin, which is naturally good for you. It is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants, provides an immunity boost, and can even support eye health. With benefits like these, it makes sense to want to add pumpkin to as many recipes as you can. It makes even more sense for you to try this flavorful, simple dessert.
Ingredients Needed to Make Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
If you are a baking enthusiast, you will probably have all the most important ingredients in your pantry. When you want to make this recipe, these are some of the ingredients you need to have:
- Canned pumpkin puree as the base for the pumpkin pie
- Ground cinnamon to give the pumpkin pie more flavor
- Pumpkin pie spice that will take your pumpkin pie in a jar to the next level
- Vanilla extract that pairs perfectly with the pumpkin puree
If you have these ingredients, you are already prepared to make this recipe.
Ways to Simplify the Process
When you want to simplify the recipe-making process even further, use a stand mixer to blend your ingredients together. It will reduce the time spent blending your wet and dry ingredients together, making the process of putting this dessert together that much easier for you.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, brown sugar, and white sugar. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt and beat to mix. Add the evaporated milk and mix until well combined.
Pour the mixture into the jars, leaving a small amount of space at the top of each jar. You may have a small amount of pumpkin mixture leftover.
Place the jars in a small baking dish and put them in the preheated oven. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is set and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Allow the jars to cool completely, then top with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar before serving, if desired.
Try these easy mason jar recipes
Save This Mason Jar Recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Who else is excited that fall is here? Pumpkin Pie in a Jar is the best recipe to make for fall.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 5 half-pint jars
- 1 tablespoon sugar combined with ½ teaspoon cinnamon for topping, optional
- Whipped cream for topping, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, brown sugar, and white sugar.
3. Add the pumpkin, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt and beat to mix.
4. Add the evaporated milk and mix until well combined.
5. Pour the mixture into the jars, leaving a small amount of space at the top of each jar. You may
have a small amount of pumpkin mixture leftover.
6. Place the jars in a small baking dish and put them in the preheated oven. Bake for 35 to 40
minutes, until the center is set and a tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Allow the jars to cool completely, then top with whipped cream and cinnamon sugar before
serving, if desired.