I have a little confession to make. I am going to be upfront with you, OK! Come a little closer…..I am not the best vegetable eater. Yes, I am a farmer’s wife and live on a 500 acre fruit and vegetable farm, but eating vegetables is not always my forte. I promise you, I do eat them though. You are probably all now staring loudly at me through your computer screen and shaking your heads.
Anyway, cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. Strange, right! I absolutely love it! Fall on our farm signals one thing for me…I get to eat a lot of our own Jersey Fresh cauliflower that we grow. Squeeee! Cauliflower is great in so many ways.
One of my favorite ways to enjoy it is roasting it. Roasting the cauliflower brings out its wonderful flavor.
Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower is also super simple to make. It a quick dish that is perfect for a weeknight family meal, or special enough for Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven 425 degrees.
- Clean and cut up cauliflower into pieces.
- Spread cauliflower on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt, red pepper and garlic.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup of olive oil and mix to coat each piece.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Roast in oven 20 minutes until light golden brown and fork tender.