Give the gift of something cute and delicious this holiday season with these incredible Snowman Cookies. Not only will loved ones enjoy the adorable snowman faces, but they will also love the taste of these fresh, flavorful cookies.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Tasty Snowman Cookies
Do you look forward to the holiday season each year, when you can pull out your baking supplies and get crafty in the kitchen? If so, you will love having the opportunity to prepare these tasty and adorable Snowman Cookies. You’ll definitely want to add these to your Christmas Cookie recipe list.
They’re easy to prepare, fun to decorate, and even more enjoyable to devour with a tall glass of milk by your side. With simple ingredients and a few techniques, you will have these cookies decorated and ready to serve those who mean the most to you. And you can make some of these to give to teachers as gifts, thanking them for their help in teaching your children!
Ingredients Needed for Snowman Cookies
If you’re looking forward to making festive cookies that will impress your loved ones because of their decorative appearance, be sure to grab the following ingredients:
- Pre-Baked Cookies – Use square cookies for this recipe. The cookies should have enough space for you to decorate with ease. As far as the cookies go, you can make them from scratch or save a little time and purchase sugar cookie dough at the grocery store.
- White Royal Icing – Grab the white royal icing with flood consistency, making it easier to apply and work with when decorating your cookies.
- Black Royal Icing – Do the same with your black royal icing, ensuring the consistency matches perfectly with the white icing.
- Red Icing – You will want to have your red icing with a flood consistency, too.
With these simple ingredients, you will be able to assemble festive cookies that look incredible and taste even better than you can imagine.
Equipment Needed to Make Snowman Cookies
In addition to the ingredients, you will need to decorate and prepare these cookies, be sure to have certain types of equipment that will make this process that much easier for you. The equipment you will need includes:
- Tipless Piping Bags – If you can’t find the tipless bags, you can use regular piping bags and remove the tips yourself.
- Couplers – If you do plan on using the regular piping bags, you’re going to need couplers.
- Gel Color – Grab gel colors in brown, red, black, and pink to complete the perfect designs on these cookies.
What types of cookies should I bake for these cookies?
How long will it take for these cookies to dry?
It can take a minimum of eight hours and up to 10 hours for these cookies to dry completely. With that in mind, have patience and allow the cookies to sit for the allotted time before you bag them to avoid smudging them and ruining your designs.
Which is best to use tipless bags or regular piping bags?
Tipless bags are great to use for decorating purposes. However, if you’re not comfortable using them, feel free to use the regular options with a coupler.
These Snowman Cookies look as good as they taste. Have fun decorating them and serving them to your loved ones.
Try These Easy Cookies Recipes
Give the gift of something cute and delicious this holiday season with these incredible Snowman Cookies. Not only will loved ones enjoy the adorable snowman faces, but they will also love the taste of these fresh, flavorful Christmas cookies.
- 12 Square Shaped Prebaked Cookies
- 1/3 cup white Royal Icing, flood consistency
- 1/4 cup black royal icing, flood consistency
- 2 tbsp red icing, flood consistency
- Outline the face with white icing.
- Flood in the center and set aside to dry for 20 mins.
- If working on multiple faces at once, finish them all and then come back to it for the next step.
- Outline the area for the hat in black frosting.
- Fill in the area, applying Even pressure and use a toothpick or scribe tool to help move the icing around.
- Allow icing to dry for 20 to 30 minutes
- At this point you should be able to add the eyes and a mouth on the face.
- Add three red dots onto The hat and create the face allow the cookies to dry for a minimum of 6 to 8 hours.
Tipless pipings bags or
Regular piping bags and tip 2
Couplers (if using regular piping bags)
Brown Gel Color
Black Gel Color
Pink Gel Color
Red Gel Color