Add this sweet and delicious Apple Crumb Cake recipe to your fall baking bucket list. It’s loaded with fresh apples and has an amazing crumb topping.
Fall is all about baking. More specifically, fall is all about apple recipes. Apple season calls for a delicious apple cake. We are about a month into apple season here on the farm and I have been faithfully enjoying an apple a day. I consider one of the benefits of being a farm girl is walking out into one of our orchards and picking a fresh apple off a tree. I am a sweet apple girl. How about you? Sweet or tart? Fuji, Cameo and Gala apples are among my favorites that we grow.
My Jewish Apple Cake recipe is one of the most popular recipes here but I have another delicious competitor today. I am a sucker for desserts with crumb toppings. This apple crumb cake has my favorite sweet crumb topping. As for the apples, I always recommend mixing apple varieties to had more flavor to the recipe. But, you can certainly use whichever variety you like best.
This cake is baked in a springform pan and it is really easy to release from the pan. I drizzled a simple cinnamon glaze over top for an added bit of extra sweetness. Because you know me, I love sweet things.
How mouth-watering delicious does this look? It tastes just as good. Grab a slice, a cup of coffee and enjoy!
Add this sweet and delicious Apple Crumb Cake to your fall baking plans. It's loaded with fresh apples and has an amazing crumb topping.
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter melted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large granny smith apples peeled, cored, and diced small
- 1/2 C unsalted sweet cream butter softed
- 1 C sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C full fat sour cream
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of a 9in springform pan with parchment paper and spray the insides of the springform pan with baking spray, set aside
- Using a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg and whisk till combined
- Mix in the melted butter and vanilla and then set aside
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until combined
- Add in the egg, one at a time, beating well after each egg
- Mix in the vanilla and sour cream until combined
- Whisk together the four, baking soda, salt and baking powder until combined in a medium bowl
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients in with the wet until combined
- Scoop half of the cake batter into the prepared springform pan
- Spread your diced apples on top of the batter
- Sprinkle half of your streusle onto the apples
- Pour remaining batter onto the crumbs and top with the rest of the streusel
- Bake in the oven for 40-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely on the counter before removing springform pan
- In a small bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients until combined and smooth
- Drizzle onto the cooled cake and enjoy!