Make a batch of this delicious Christmas Gumdrop Nougat to share with friends and family during the holidays. This easy candy recipe is a real treat.
Happy first week of December. Wow! Can you believe that Christmas is just around the corner? Between farm life and blog life, things have been pretty crazy. But it is the most wonderful time of year. So much excitement in the air, right?
So far I have finished decorating the house (minus our Christmas tree because we are waiting until Gabrielle comes home from college), put a significant dent in my Christmas shopping list and started to share some fun Christmas recipes and crafts here.
I am officially kicking my holiday baking off with this delicious Christmas Gumdrop Nougat recipe. Nougat, you say? Before you click away and leave me in the dust, hear me out first.
It’s a simple recipe. I promise. Pinky promise to be exact. It’s made with marshmallows and white chocolate so what’s not to love.
A double boiler, spatula and a baking dish are the only pieces of equipment you need too. So, if you are not “the baker extraordinaire”, have no fear because you probably have these items in your kitchen.
Since I have a major sweet tooth, and a love for Dot candy, these red and green gumdrops are a festive addition. Not a fan of gumdrops? I forgive you. There are so many delicious nougat variations you can whip up.
Christmas Nougat Variations: Try substituting one or more of these in place of the gumdrops.
- Your favorite nut (or nuts). This is delicious with toasted pecans.
- Craisins or your favorite dried fruit.
- Chocolate chips (wait until the nougat cools slightly before mixing them in)
- Chopped Chocolate Bars
- Crushed Cookies
- 2 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- 20 ounces mini marshmallows
- 1 cup red dot candy, cut in half
- 1 cup green dot candy, cut in half
- Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Using a double boiler, melt the butter, white chocolate chips, and marshmallows.
- Gradually stir the mixture until fully melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and mix in the cut dots.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish. Sprinkle a few dots on top.
- Allow to cool and sit out to room temperature, overnight
- Once set, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Store in an air-tight food storage container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 0gSugar: 51gProtein: 3g