These Bakery Style Soft Pumpkin Cookies are soft and mildly sweet with just the right amount of pumpkin spice. The cream cheese frosting is the perfect topping make this pumpkin cookie recipe a perfect fall treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
I definitely don’t need a special reason to love fall. But baking fall pumpkin treats and desserts definitely makes me love it even more. As if you were not already aware, it’s pumpkin season and that makes me pretty happy! That equates to not only hearing the laughter of children and parents picking pumpkins and apples on our farm but also baking my favorite pumpkin recipes to enjoy and share.
Cream cheese frosting gets me every time. Just typing the name gets my mouth watering. It is by far my favorite type of frosting. Or is it icing? Either way, I like to frost cakes and cookies with it. It is not overly sweet and it is oh so creamy. Add these soft and chewy pumpkin cookies into the mix and they are a match made in heaven.
I credit this cookie recipe to my mom. No surprise there because she is the baking queen and has taught me everything I know. Thanks, mom. I fell in love with these bakery-style cookies as a child. Mom still makes them to this day. They remind me of the soft and chewy cookies you can purchase at your local bakery. I LOVE soft and chewy cookies. You can have the crunch, I’ll take the chewy cake-like cookie any day.
I hope you enjoy this fall treat as much as I do.
Soft Pumpkin Cookies Recipe Tips and Instructions
Add the egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree; beat until combined. Add the flour and mix just until combined.
Scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet to form 18 cookies. Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
Frost the completely cooled cookies generously with the cream cheese frosting. You can use a pastry bag if you have one, or just use an offset spatula. Both work just fine.
Must-Have Recipe Resources
Meal Plan Game Plan
Add this delicious Bakery Style Soft Pumpkin Cookies recipe to your weekly meal plan. Here are a few other items that you can also add to your meal plan game plan too.
Main Dish: Pumpkin Chili
Side Dish 1: The Best Mashed Potatoes
Side Dish 2: Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Refreshing Drinks: Apple Cider Sangria
Save this pumpkin cookies recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
More XXX Recipes to Try
- Cookie Ingredients
- • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 1 teaspoon baking powder
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- • ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- • 1 egg
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1 cup pumpkin puree
- • 2 cups flour
- • ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- • 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- • 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, beat the 1 cup butter with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add the sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice; beat until combined.
4. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and pumpkin puree; beat until combined.
5. Add the flour; mix well.
6. Scoop the cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet to form 18 cookies. Bake at 350 for 11-12 minutes.
7. Remove the cookies from the baking sheet and cool to room temperature on a baking rack.
8. To make the frosting, beat together the ½ cup butter and 8 ounces cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and powdered sugar and beat until well combined.
9. Frost the completely cooled cookies generously with the cream cheese frosting.