These easy to make pumpkin bars have the perfect combination of pumpkin and spices. Slather on the cream cheese frosting that also has pumpkin pie spice flavor and you have a hit!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
There has definitely been a fall chill in the air here on the east coast for the last few days. I am not complaining.
As soon as the calendar turns to September 1, I am in full pumpkin mode. Bring on pumpkin everything. This Pumpkin Bars Recipe is a perfect way to celebrate pumpkin season.
Check Out These Easy Fall Apple Recipes
The fall chill leads to a lot of fall fun here on our farm. Pumpkins are in abundance and families are gearing up for a lot of pick your own fun here at Russo’s. This Halloween will definitely be a little different with social distancing during a pandemic, but I think we all have to make the best of it and create our own fun.
My idea of fun is fall baking…and all things pumpkin. I find pumpkin recipes so comforting. And everyone should have a classic pumpkin bars recipe in the baking arsenal. Here’s mine.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make this Pumpkin Bars Recipe?
Fall is the perfect time to stock up your pantry. The holiday season is just around the corner and it’s good to be prepared. Classic fall baking ingredients round out this easy pumpkin recipe.
1 can (15oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
Unsalted butter, softened
Pumpkin pie spice
How Do I Make Pumpkin Pie Bars?
This Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe is just like my mom makes. Brings back delicious memories of my childhood where treats were always on our table.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread batter in a greased 15x10x1 baking pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean
- Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool completely
To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until mixture is smooth. Add vanilla and spice, if using, beat until smooth
- Frost bars using an offset spatula.
- Cut into squares and garnish with a whole pecan.
Homemade Pumpkin Bars Kitchen Essentials
What other easy Pumpkin Recipes Should I Try
Save this Homemade Pumpkin Pie Bars recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ⅔ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup oil, vegetable or canola
- 1 can (15oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8oz) package of cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Spread pumpkin pie bars batter into a greased 15x10x1 baking pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven to a wire rack and cool completely.
- To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting, cream together butter and cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Continue beating until smooth.
- Frost bars with an offset spatula. Cut into squares.