This holiday stovetop potpourri is the perfect blend to make for the holiday season. Make a batch and leave it simmering on your stove all day for an amazing holiday aroma.
There is nothing more fantastic than the holiday aroma of fresh oranges, cranberries and cinnamon. They are the three musketeers in the best fall and winter scent department. Every year, I run out and invest in a few candles with this special holiday scent. This delightful Stovetop Potpourri will not only make your home smell amazing but it is so much more economical than investing in candles or dried potpourri. I love when my home smells clean and heavenly. To do so, I just make a batch of this potpourri and leave it simmer all day long on the stove. You can even make a batch in your slow cooker.
Make Your Own Holiday Stovetop Potpourri
- 1 ½ Cup Fresh Cranberries
- 1 Orange
- 2-3 Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Whole Cloves
- 1-2 small branches of Eucalyptus
- 1 Cup Apple Cider
So brace yourself for the complexity of this potpourri. It takes a lot of effort, but it is totally worth it. I’m kidding – about the effort part, that is.
- Cut half of the orange into slices. With the other half, poke some of the whole cloves into the outside of the orange to make a decorative look.
- In a medium-size saucepan, add all the ingredients. Fill the pot up with water until it’s about ¾ ways full.
- Place on burner and bring to a slow boil. Turn it down to low and let it simmer. Make sure to check it every few hours and add more water when needed. Turn burner off when finished.
- It should keep and continue to smell for 3-4 days depending on what ingredients you use. Just make sure to add more water each time you turn it on.
Enjoy this amazing aroma of the Holidays!