Easy Breakfast Skillet
Have breakfast ready in a pinch with this easy Breakfast Skillet recipe. It combines classic breakfast favorites, including bacon, sausage, and eggs.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
When you want to prepare a delicious breakfast for the family, follow this Breakfast Skillet recipe. It is simple and contains some popular breakfast ingredients, but it tastes great. It will not take long to prepare this meal, and you can save your leftovers in the fridge!
Ingredients Needed to Make the Breakfast Skillet
When making the Breakfast Skillet, you should have the following ingredients:
- Bacon. Use your favorite type of bacon. Cut up to six strips into pieces.
- Potatoes. Use a bag of refrigerated potatoes or frozen hash browns.
- Sweet Onion. Dice your onion into small pieces before adding it to the skillet.
- Red Bell Pepper. Chop the red bell pepper and remove the seeds.
- Sausage Links. Use up to 10 sausage links, but be sure to chop them into small pieces.
- Eggs. You will need four large eggs for this recipe.
You will also need salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese. When serving the Breakfast Skillet, you can add other ingredients to the food, such as avocado, green onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and even parsley.
How Long Does It Take to Make?
It will take roughly 10 minutes to prepare your ingredients and an additional 20 minutes to make the Breakfast Skillet. You can have a home cooked breakfast ready to eat with the family in 30 minutes.
Can I Use Turkey Bacon?
If you do not normally eat pork bacon, you can use turkey bacon as an alternative. It is fine to use the bacon that you would normally cook when preparing breakfast for the family. Turkey bacon tastes just as good, and it goes well with the other ingredients in this recipe.
Which Sausage Links Should I Use?
You can use any sausage links that you would normally eat when preparing breakfast. It does not matter if you use pork, beef, or turkey sausage links. You can also customize the skillet by using flavored links, such as maple sausage or spicy sausage links.
How Many People Will It Serve?
If you follow this recipe to a T, you will have enough food for four servings. If you need to feed more than four people, double the recipe. Even if you end up with leftovers, you can always store them and eat them later.
Can I Use a Different Type of Cheese?
When you do not have cheddar cheese available to use, or if you do not like it, there is nothing wrong with replacing it with a different type of cheese. You can use mozzarella, American, or even provolone cheese in your Breakfast Skillet.
What to Do With the Leftovers
Pour any leftovers into a food container from the skillet. Make sure you wait for the leftovers to cool down before you store them. Seal the container with an airtight lid and refrigerate the leftovers for up to three days. You can quickly reheat the Breakfast Skillet on the stove or in the microwave for a few seconds.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
The Best Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Sausage, Spinach and Feta Frittata
Strawberry French Toast Casserole
Save this Easy Breakfast Casserole Recipe. Pin The Image Below To Your Favorite Pinterest Board.
Have breakfast ready in a pinch with this Breakfast Skillet recipe. It combines classic breakfast favorites, including bacon, sausage, and eggs.
- 4-6 strips bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 bag (20 oz) refrigerated potatoes or 3-4 cups frozen hash browns
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced, optional
- ½ cup red bell pepper, diced, optional
- 8-10 cooked sausage links, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or your favorite!
- Serving Options
- Green onions, sliced
- Tomatoes, sliced
- Avocado, sliced
- Jalapenos, seeds removed and sliced
- In a large skillet or cast iron skillet, cook bacon until crispy and remove from pan onto paper towel
- Add potatoes and cook until browned
- Add vegetables, if using and cook until tender, about 5 minutes
- Stir in sausage and bacon and heat through
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Make wells in the pan and carefully break eggs into each well
- Cover pan and cook over medium low heat until whites of eggs are set, about 8-10 minutes
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook until melted
- Serve immediately with toppings of your choice
- Store leftovers in refrigerator