It’s blueberry season on the farm! Sweet farm-fresh blueberries and tart lemons pair up for these delicious Lemon Blueberry Muffins. This easy recipe is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Blueberry season is in full swing on our farm. If you are a blueberry lover, this is may be the highlight of summer for you. Whether you enjoy eating blueberries one at a time by popping them in your mouth, or you love to make amazing farm-fresh recipes with them, I’ve got your covered today.
While you can buy blueberries year-round, summer is the best time to purchase these plump beauties at a really great price. So stock up while you can. As a final send of to blueberry season. I am sharing a yummy Lemon Blueberry Muffin recipe.
Lemons and blueberries are a very peculiar pair. Who would have thought that tart lemons and sweet blueberries would pair so well together? But they are an amazing flavor combination. They are like the odd couple….a delicious culinary odd couple.
And who doesn’t love muffins? They are a great grab and go breakfast option and delicious sweet treat. These homemade bakery-style muffins are so easy to make.
How To Make Lemon Blueberry Muffins
Recipe Tips and Instructions
Tip 1: While this recipe is absolutely delicious with fresh blueberries, you can certainly use frozen blueberries too. Hopefully, you were able to stock up freeze blueberries that you bought at your local farmers market to last through the winter months. I love to freeze blueberries to use during the winter months in muffins, cobblers, and crisps.
Tip 2: As will all muffins and quick breads, don’t over mix the batter.
Tips 3: This recipe has a bright lemon flavor, be sure to use fresh lemon zest and lemon juice to the best flavor.
Lemon Blueberry Muffins Ingredients
Meal Plan Game Plan
Add this delicious Lemon Blueberry Muffin recipe to your weekly meal plan. Here are a few other items that you can also add to your meal plan game plan too.
Main Dish: Grilled Pork Tacos With Mango Salsa
Side Dish 1: Panzanella Salad
Side Dish 2: Cajun Roasted Corn
Refreshing Drinks: Cherry Limeade Slush
Eat dessert first!: Red, White & Blue Brownie Pizza
More Blueberry Recipes to Try
Save this Lemon Blueberry Muffins recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract optional
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper liners. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, sour cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and cooled melted butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Use a spatula to and mix just until incorporated. Do not overmix. Batter will be lumpy.
- Gradually stir in fresh or frozen blueberries.
- Spoon batter evenly (a cookie scoop works great) into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until slightly golden.