Caramel Apple Walnut Roll-Ups
Caramel Apple Walnut Roll-Ups are a delicious dessert, filled with sweet apples, caramel and crunch walnuts. This recipe is perfect for the holidays or any time of the year.
Caramel and apples. They go together like peanut butter and jelly, eggs and bacon and peas and carrots. It’s one of my favorite food pairings. While apple season is winding down on our farm, I love that apples are a year-round fruit that can be eaten and baked with. Today, I am teaming up with Mission Foods to share with you a delicious dessert that is perfect for the upcoming holiday season. Caramel Apple Walnut Roll-Ups are a unique spin on the classic apple pie. I guess you can also refer to them as dessert enchiladas.
I don’t know about you but I love simple desserts. Made with Mission Foods Flour Tortillas, these Caramel Apple Walnut Roll-Ups are super simple to make. With the holiday season quickly approaching, I love to have desserts that I can whip up quickly for family and friends. I would much rather be spending time with family and friends than cooking and baking in the kitchen, wouldn’t you? Thanks to a well-stocked panty, I had all the simple ingredients I needed to prepare this delicious dessert, including: Mission Foods Tortillas, apple pie filling, caramel syrup, and walnuts.
Begin by spreading a few tablespoons of the caramel syrup down the center of the tortilla.
Then add a few tablespoons of chopped apple pie filling, you know, the kind you buy in a can. Add a few tablespoons of walnuts to the top.
Roll each tortilla up and place in a large baking dish. Top with melted butter, cinnamon sugar, caramel syrup and walnuts. Pop in the oven and in about 30 minutes flat, you have a delicious dessert to serve during the holidays.
The tortillas have a delicious crunch to them. They get nice and crispy on the outside while the walnuts from the caramel apple filling have a delicious crunch on the inside.
What kind of delicious food creations do you like to create with Mission Foods Tortillas? You can join the Mission Insiders! for more delicious recipe ideas and inspiration.
To spark your inspiration, I am giving away two packages for Mission Foods Tortillas to two lucky winners. Be sure to enter the giveaway below for a chance to win.
- 1 package of Mission Foods Flour Tortillas
- 1 can apple pie filling chopped
- 1 jar caramel syrup
- 1 cup chopped walnuts toasted
- 1/2 stick of butter melted
- 1 cup cinnamon sugar.
- <span class="mceItemHidden" data-mce-bogus="1"><span></span>Preheat oven to 350 degrees.</span>
- Coat bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Microwave tortillas for 15 seconds to soften.
- Chop up one can of apple pie filling.
- Spread two tablespoons of caramel syrup down the center of each tortilla.
- Add two tablespoons of chopped apple filling over caramel. Then, top with some walnuts and cinnamon sugar.
- Roll up each tortilla and place in the baking dish.
- Brush tops with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, remaining walnuts and a drizzle of the caramel syrup.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown and filling is bubbling.
I’m required to disclose a sponsored partnership between our site and Mission Foods. I have been compensated in exchange for this post in the form of payment, product or experiences. #MissionInfluencer
Can’t wait to try this recipe !
I cannot wait to make these wonderful treats. I love everything about them!
Beer Battered Fish Street Tacos