Ditch the typical pasta salad and go for something lighter and refreshing with this delicious Grilled Corn Tomato Salad recipe. It’s the perfect summer side to serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Have you had a chance to hit up your local farmer’s market and enjoy some fresh corn and tomatoes this season? This grilled corn tomato salad is a simple summer dish that pairs well with almost everything, making it a huge hit for children and adults.
If you’re looking for something different to make than the standard pasta salad and aren’t sure what to prepare, this is the perfect dish!
Why You Need to Try This Corn Tomato Salad
- It’s full of flavorful, healthy ingredients, making it the perfect salad to serve on a hot day.
- It’s easy to make this delicious Corn Tomato Salad using simple ingredients, such as corn, butter, and red onion.
- You can serve this cold salad with anything you plan on making. It’s great to bring with you to family gatherings, but you can also prepare it when hosting loved ones at your home.
How To Make Summer Corn Tomato Salad
When you’re planning to give this delicious salad a try, you will need to have these ingredients to get started:
- Large Ears of Corn – Remove the husks and silk from the corn.
- Unsalted Butter – Melt your unsalted butter down before you use it.
- Red Onion – Grab a medium red onion and cut it into thick slices.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Cut your cherry tomatoes in half. If you don’t have cherry tomatoes, you can use grape tomatoes.
- Avocado – Use one large, ripe avocado, chop it up into small bits to combine with the corn.
- Lime Juice – Adding lime juice gives this salad its zesty flavor.
- Parsley – Finely chop fresh parsley into your mixing bowl with your other ingredients.
You can also add some salt and pepper to taste when preparing the Corn Tomato Salad.
- If you can’t get fresh corn because it’s not in season, it’s no problem. You can use frozen sweet corn instead.
- It’s best to use unsalted butter because you will add your salt and pepper to taste. However, if you only have salted butter available, you can use it in this salad and still enjoy the flavor of the dish.
- Your Corn Tomato Salad will taste best when served cold. However, you can serve it immediately.
Corn Tomato Salad FAQs
Can I use a white onion if I don’t have a red onion?
The red onion has a slightly different flavor than the white onion, but you can still use the white onion in this recipe if it’s all you have available.
How long does it take to make the Corn Tomato Salad?
It should only take about 10 minutes to prepare this salad, with most of your time spent chopping up the different ingredients that you will mix together.
What else can I add to this salad?
You can add black beans, cilantro, and even diced jalapenos to this Corn Tomato Salad to make it your own.
The Corn Tomato Salad is such a simple and delicious side dish to serve with nearly anything. You can make it in a matter of minutes and enjoy!
Ditch the typical pasta salad and go for something lighter and refreshing with this delicious grilled Corn Tomato Salad recipe. This easy summer salad pairs two stars of the season - corn and tomatoes, making this healthy salad recipe a winner.
- 2 large ears fresh corn, husks and silk removed
- 1 tablespoon. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 medium red onion, halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 lb. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Brush corn with melted butter before placing corn and red onion slices on a pre-heated gas grill over medium direct heat, or indoors on a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray set over medium-high heat.
Cook corn until kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done. Flip red onion once while the corn is cooking. Remove vegetables from heat and slice kernels from cob with a sharp knife. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine. Serve immediately with your choice of main dish. Enjoy!