Mickey Mouse Churros
If you enjoy the sweet cinnamon taste of churros, learn how to make the cutest one you’ve ever seen. These Mickey Mouse Churros taste great and have an adorable appearance, making them a kid-friendly treat.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Do you like the sweet taste of churros? The combination of sugar and ground cinnamon on slightly crispy yet slightly fluffy dough is fantastic. If you’ve had traditional churros before, you’ll love these Mickey Mouse Churros.
They’re larger, shaped like one of your favorite Disney characters, and you can make them from scratch. It’s easy to prepare these treats in minutes. Once you’ve cooked them, serve them while they’re hot to enjoy them when they taste best.
I love the churros served at Walt Disney World. These are the next best thing!
What You’ll Need to Prepare the Mickey Mouse Churros
When preparing the Mickey Mouse Churros, you’re going to need a few important ingredients, including:
- Ground Cinnamon. You’ll combine the ground cinnamon with the sugar to create the perfect topping.
- Sugar. Make sure you have sugar to add to the flour as well as sugar to mix with the cinnamon before coating your churros.
- Flour. Use the flour as the base for your churro dough.
You’ll only need a handful of other ingredients, including milk, eggs, unsalted butter, and salt.
How To Make Churros
Which Sugar Is Best to Use?
It’s best to use white granulated sugar in the recipe. If you already have cinnamon sugar, you can use it on your churros for that crisp, sweet flavor. However, combining the sugar with the ground cinnamon works just as well.
What Should I Do If I Don’t Have a Piping Bag?
If you don’t have a piping bag to use when creating the mickey mouse shape, you can use a plastic freezer bag. You would need to add the batter to the plastic bag, remove the excess air, seal it shut, and then cut a small hole at the bottom before you begin piping it out. It’s best to use a piping bag, but this works in a pinch.
Can I Save the Mickey Mouse Churros for Later?
You can save any extra Mickey Mouse Churros for later by placing them on top of a paper towel inside a food storage container. Be sure to put the lid on the container and place it in the fridge to keep the churros fresh. When you would like to eat one, you can microwave it for a few seconds or add it to the air fryer to get it crisp and hot again.
What to Eat With the Mickey Mouse Churros
While these Mickey Mouse Churros are perfect to eat on their own, you can serve them with a few other tasty ingredients. The churros taste amazing when paired with a side of vanilla ice cream. You can dip a churro in the ice cream for added flavor. You might also want to add a bit of whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top of these flavorful churros.
Planning A Disney Vacation? Download this free Disney countdown.
How Long Will It Take to Make the Churros?
It will take about 15 minutes for you to prepare the ingredients and an additional 30 minutes to cook your Mickey Mouse Churros. In less than an hour, you can create the perfect dessert from scratch.
More Easy Disney Recipes To Make At Home
Save this easy churro recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Mickey Mouse Churros
The perfect churros come in the form of Mickey Mouse Churros!
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/2 C sugar plus 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ C whole milk
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 C flour
- 3 large eggs
- Canola oil for frying
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- 1 cookie sheet fitted with parchment paper
- 6 mickey heads traced onto parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cinnamon and 1/2 C of sugar, set aside.
- Using a medium pot over medium to high heat, bring the butter, salt, 1 tbsp sugar, and ½ C of water to a simmer.
- Using a rubber spatula, whisk in the flour until its combined and a
ball of dough.
- Remove the dough and place into a standing mixer.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once cooled, using a paddle attachment, beat in 1 egg at a time until combined.
- Scoop the dough into the piping bag.
- Using the cookie sheet with the traced mickey heads, pipe the detail of mickeys head.
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer for 30 minutes.
- About 10 minutes before removing tray from freezer, heat up canola oil in a large deep skillet or pot or deep fryer if you have one.
- Remove tray from freezer and carefully remove 1 of the mickey shaped churros.
- Drop the churro into the hot oil.
- Once it starts to brown on the bottom carefully flip it using a fork.
- Once the entire churro has browned, remove from oil and place onto a paper towel.
- Dab oil off the churro and place into the cinnamon sugar mixture and toss to coat the churro.
- Repeat steps with remaining churros