Make this Christmas a Disney Christmas. These adorable Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes are the perfect holiday Disney snack.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
If you are looking for a fun and festive Christmas idea to satisfy your Disney itch, you have come to the right place. Celebrate the holiday season by making a batch of these Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes. This cupcake recipe is super simple and is a great holiday party recipe. Of course, I am sure both Santa Claus and Mickey Mouse would approve also.
This Christmas cupcake is a fun recipe to make for the Disney fan in your life. This recipe is made with a box cake, but feel free to make your favorite chocolate cake recipe from scratch instead. While I do love to bake from scratch most of the time, it’s ok to take a baking shortcut every once in a while, especially during the busy holidays. And if you are not a fan of chocolate, just make a vanilla cupcake recipe, or any other cake flavor you like. Disney cupcakes come in all flavors, shapes and sizes.
Check out this delicious recipe!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make this Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes recipe?
For The Cupcakes:
For the Frosting:
How Do I Make Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes OR XYZ Recipe Tips and Instructions
Prepare and bake cupcakes according to package instructions. Cool completely.
What Kitchen Tools Do I Need To Make this Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes recipe?
These kitchen tools are helpful to have on hand when baking this easy cupcake recipe.
Baking Plan Game Plan
Add this delicious Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes recipe to your holiday baking list.
Save this Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
More Mickey Mouse Crafts & Mickey Mouse Recipes To Try
Make this Christmas a Disney Christmas. These adorable Mickey Mouse Santa Cupcakes are the perfect holiday Disney snack to celebrate Christmas. This Disney dessert is so easy and festive. Add a cute Mickey Santa hat to these decorated Christmas cupcakes.
- Fondant Ears
- 1 package of black fondant
- 1 mini circle fondant cutter
- 1 box of Triple chocolate cake mix
- 3 large eggs room temp
- 1/2 C of softened unsalted sweet cream butter
- 1 C whole milk
- 1TBSP pure vanilla extract
- Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
- 3 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 6 C powdered sugar
- 5-7 tbsp. heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large piping bag with large star tip
- 1 medium piping bag with small star tip
- Red gel food coloring
- 1 container of holly leaf Wilton sprinkles
- Sprinkle some powder sugar onto a cutting board
- Roll out the black fondant into 1/4 inch thickness and cut out 48 circles for the ears
- Allow to dry for 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cupcake pan with the black cupcake liners
- In a medium bowl, add the cake mix, butter, milk, and vanilla extract and stir until combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake in the oven for about 21 minutes.
- Pull out the cupcakes and allow to cool before frosting.
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla, and mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Scoop 1 C of frosting into the piping bag with the small star tip
- Mix in a few drops of red food coloring into the remaining frosting
- Scoop into the piping bag with the large star
- Frost cooled cupcakes with the red frosting
- Using the white frosting, pipe dollops of frosting onto the bottom of the white of the red frosting to make the rim of the Santa hat and pipe a dollop of white frosting up top for the white ball of the Santa hat
- Push two ears into the sides of the hat
- Place two holly leaf sprinkles and 3 red ball sprinkles onto the lower corner for a holly decoration