When craving a plate of loaded nachos with a twist, this is the recipe for you. Nacho Fries are so easy to make and are loaded with lots of wholesome flavors. You can make this dish as an appetizer, the main course, or even a special dish for a potluck.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
What do you call fries that aren’t yours? NACHO FRIES! Sorry, I couldn’t resist. If you love finger foods, these Nacho Fries are sure to impress you. I am a huge fan of loaded nachos. I love the taste of the ground beef with the blend of cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and more. However, I am also a huge fan of fries and will eat them with just about anything. My love for nachos and fries is the reason this simple, tasty recipe exists.I am all about trying new things and combining some of my favorite foods to create something delicious. When the fries are crispy enough, each bite provides a savory, crunchy experience that satisfies my tastebuds. If you have 10 minutes of prep time to spare, you can make these loaded nacho fries in about 30 minutes.
The Endless Options to Enjoy
When preparing the nacho fries, there are plenty of ways to customize them to your liking. For example, this recipe calls for ground beef, but you can switch it up and use a meat of your choice, such as shredded chicken or ground turkey. If you want to make the dish a bit leaner, ground turkey is an excellent alternative that will taste just as good, especially when blended with the different spices and ingredients.
Along with switching up the meat if you would like to do so, you can also add ingredients or take some away. It all depends on what you like and what you would normally add to your plate of traditional nachos.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Nacho Fries?
This recipe calls for several essential ingredients that pair perfectly together to create that unbeatable nacho experience. You will need the following items:
- Crinkle-Cut Fench Fries to replace the traditional nachos in this recipe
- Ground beef or a meat of your choice to provide that savory layer that goes perfectly with the crisp crunch of the fries
- Taco seasoning to give your meat a Mexican-style flavor
- Mexican cheese that melts perfectly over the meat and other ingredients
- Jalapenos to add a bit of a kick
- Sour cream that provides a smooth, rich taste when consumed with the meat, jalapenos, and other ingredients
- Salsa and guacamole to serve on the side
These are only a few of the many ingredients you will need to add to your nacho fries to get the full flavor.
How to Reduce Prep Time While Making Nacho Fries
Although the prep time is relatively short as it is, you can reduce the prep time even more by purchasing pre-diced onion and pre-shredded Mexican cheese. If you already have shredded cheese and diced onions, those are two fewer things you have to worry about preparing before making your delicious Nacho Fries.
Are you getting excited about making Nacho Fries? Let me know what you think about them!
How Do I Make Nacho Fries?
Lay the fries in a single layer on a baking sheet and cook as directed on the package. Remove from oven and sprinkle with season salt, toss to coat.
While the fries are baking, cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until onion is soft and no pink remains on the beef, drain any excess fat. Add in the taco seasoning and salsa, mix to combine and heat through.
When fries are done, add a layer of shredded cheese then top with meat mixture, and more shredded cheese. Place back in oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese if necessary. Serve immediately with your favorite toppings
Save this Easy Nacho Recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Try These Easy Nacho Recipes
Southwestern Skillet Chicken Nachos
It's time to get excited about fries again! Check out this Nacho Fries recipe.
- 1 pound frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Green onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour cream
- Spread the fries on a baking sheet in a single layer and cook as directed on the package. Remove from oven and season with season salt, toss to coat.
- While the fries are baking, cook the ground beef and onion in a skillet until onion is soft and no pink remains on the beef, drain any excess fat. Add in the taco seasoning and salsa, mix to combine.
- When fries are done, layer the shredded cheese then top with meat mixture, and more shredded cheese.
- Place back in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese if necessary.
- Serve immediately with your favorite Mexican toppings like salsa, guacamole and sour cream.