Enjoy these sweet, flavorful baked treats just in time for the Easter holiday with this recipe for Carrot Cake Bunny Cupcakes. Not only do they taste delicious, but they’re also so much fun to prepare!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Would you like to make the perfect treat for your Easter celebrations? If you want to surprise your children or family and friends with something that looks as good as it tastes, you need to try these delicious Carrot Cake Bunny Cupcakes for Easter. The cuteness factor for these cupcakes is off the chart.
Prepared with simple ingredients, including chopped pecans, cream cheese, and a box of carrot cake mix, this dessert won’t take too long to put together and will certainly impress anyone who gets to take a bite.
How To Make Easter Bunny Cupcakes
The Ingredients Needed
Make sure you have the ingredients needed for preparing the cupcakes with sweet cream cheese frosting and fun bunny decorations.
- Carrot Cake Mix – Purchase a box of carrot cake mix to prepare the cupcakes.
- Cream Cheese – Allow your cream cheese to sit out and soften before you use it to make the frosting.
- Sweet Cream Butter – You’ll need some unsalted sweet cream butter to combine with the cream cheese.
- Chopped Pecans – The pecans add both flavor and texture to the frosting with that added crunch.
You’ll need milk, eggs, canola oil, pure vanilla extract, Whopper easter egg candies, and some ground cinnamon as a finishing touch.
Which brand of carrot cake mix should I use?
You can use any brand of carrot cake boxed cake mix. There are plenty of brands offering this delicious cake mix, so choose the kind you like. It doesn’t matter if it’s a generic option or brand name.
Do I have to use cream cheese frosting for these cupcakes?
No, you don’t have to do so if you don’t like cream cheese. The homemade cream cheese frosting recipe tastes amazing with the carrot cake. However, you can always swap it out with vanilla or any other frosting that you’d like to prepare.
Can I use different nuts instead of pecans?
Absolutely. If you don’t like pecans or don’t have them available to use, definitely swap them out for something else, such as walnuts or peanuts. You can quickly chop the nuts and then add them in with your frosting for that added touch and naturally delicious taste.
Can I make mini versions of these cupcakes?
Yes. The original recipe makes 18 cupcakes. However, you can make mini versions to have more to go around. Be mindful of the space you’ll need for decorating the cupcakes to make them look like bunnies!
- Let your cupcakes cool down completely on a wire rack before using a piping bag to add the frosting on top. If you don’t wait, the frosting will begin melting over the cupcakes, which isn’t a pretty sight!
- If you don’t have a piping bag, you can always use a sealed Ziploc bag. It works just as well and is super convenient when you’re in a pinch and need a piping bag to use.
- The ground cinnamon is a great final touch that you can sprinkle over your cream cheese frosting after you’ve piped it on your cupcakes. However, it’s completely optional.
Kitchen Baking Essentials
Try These Easter Dessert Recipes
- Easter M&M Bars
- Easter Egg Malt Cupcakes
- No-Bake Coconut Cheesecake In A Jar
- Bunny Butt Cupcakes
- Coconut Nests
Save this best carrot cake cupcakes for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest board.
Enjoy the taste of these sweet, flavorful baked treats just in time for the Easter holiday with this recipe for Carrot Cake Bunny Cupcakes. Not only do they taste delicious, but they’re also so much fun to prepare! These Easter cupcakes are extra moist with a rich and silky cream cheese frosting swirled on top. These easy cupcakes are perfect for an Easter party or to serve as an Easter dessert after dinner.
- 1 carrot cake box mix
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- *Cream cheese frosting*
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package of bunny ear cupcake toppers
- 1 package of whopper easter egg candy
- 1 large piping bag with star tip
- Ground cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake/muffin pan with white cupcake liners.
- Using a large mixing bowl, beat the carrot cake mix, milk, eggs, oil until combined.
- Pour batter into the cupcake liners, filling about 3⁄4 way full. Bake in the oven for 21 minutes.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely.
- Using a standing mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and heavy whipping cream until combined creamy, and holds a peak.
- Scoop the frosting into the piping bag.
How to frost the cupcakes
Using the piping bag, pipe a thick ring of frosting around the edge of the cupcake
Coat with the chopped pecans
Pipe a thick dollop of frosting in the center
Place a bunny ear and a few whopper eggs onto the frosting
Sprinkle some cinnamon on top