Disney Pin Trading is a fun way to collect souvenir pins from the Disney Parks! Here are the basic tips and guidelines for Disney Pin Trading 101 at Walt Disney World.
Today I am writing about my happy place. It seems like it’s been a while since I wrote a post about Walt Disney World, but don’t worry. I still love that magical place like a fine piece of Belgium chocolate. Things have just gotten crazy here on The Farm Girl Gabs and the farm. Then this thing called summer came along and got in the way. But have no fear, I am back today writing about what I love – Walt Disney World. I thought it would be fun to write about the magic of Disney Pin Trading.
I have a slight obsession with Disney pins. Disney pins are perfect to trade and collect. They make great souvenirs. I have my collection of Disney pins proudly displayed on my Mickey Mouse pinboard in my laundry room. Each time I visit the parks, a pin trading kiosk or pin display in one the gift shops is always my first stop. I told you I have a slight obsession. I can’t get 20 feet past the main entrance before stopping to look at which pins I will be bringing home. Some of the fun pins that I like to purchase when I visit are a resort pin of where we are staying, a special event pin (like the Flower & Garden Festival) and a character pin..or two..or three. Disney has pins for virtually everything so you can really have fun collecting.
Are you a Disney Pin Trader? It’s a fun way to meet cast members and other guests. As I said before, you can purchase pins, pin trading starter sets and lanyards in any of the gift shops. You can also stop at a designated Pin Station in each of the parks and at Disney Springs. The fun of Disney Pin Trading is in the amazing variety. Find YOUR FAVORITE pins to personalize your Disney experience. Each pin tells a story. Collect what you love. Build upon that and create your own fun memories. Guests of all ages can hunt for favorite characters, attractions, and features.
The resort gift shops also have a really cool pin board display where you can take one and leave one.
There are several ways to participate and experience the magic of Disney Pin Trading.
Disney Pin Trading is simple and fun! Just visit Walt Disney World (or any Disney Park or Disney Cruise Line Ship), locate a Cast Member wearing a lanyard with Disney pins and find a pin you’d like. Then present another Disney pin to the Cast Member in trade. Bringing home the magic is that simple. Here are some quick and easy guidelines to help you trade at each park.
The fun of Disney Pin Trading is in the amazing variety. Find YOUR FAVORITE pins to personalize your Disney experience. Guests of all ages can hunt for favorite characters, attractions, and features. Whether it’s the Little Mermaid or Mickey Mouse you seek, pin hunting is guaranteed to add thrills to your Disney adventure. Go find the pins you want and make some new friends! It is all up to you!
- Guests may trade a maximum of two (2) pins per Cast Member, per day. trades between Guests don’t have the same restriction.
- Pins should be in good, undamaged, tradable condition.
- Disney trading pins should be metal, with a ©Disney mark on the back and in good condition.
- Pins that may be traded include the following: Disney theme park pin from a place or location, event, character or icon; Pins from other divisions of the Walt Disney Company (i.e. ESPN, ABC, DVC); and Participating partner pins, so long as they have a Disney affiliation showing.
- Non-metal, special cast member pins, personalized pins, and clasp pins cannot be traded.
- Don’t get all touchy feely. Respect the trader’s space and don’t touch their lanyard. If you see something you like, ask the to show it to you.
Have fun! Disney Pin Trading is a great way to share the magic and bring home wonderful Disney memories.