The peaches are ready on our farm and I am celebrating with these delightful Peach Bourbon Crisps. These desserts are filled with delicious peaches and just the right amount of bourbon.
*This post contains affiliate links.
I have a weakness for peaches. Not just any peach, the juiciest of juiciest kind of peach. The kind of peach that when you bite into it, the juice runs all the way down your arm. Oh yeah, that’s what I am talking about. Our Jersey Fresh peaches are in season now on the farm and I am one happy camper.
I also have a weakness for anything baked with peaches. Anything! Peaches fresh off the tree is definitely one of the highlights of summer, especially when I can walk right out my back door and pick one or two. Tree ripe peaches are perfect for baking!
These individual Peach Bourbon Crisps are the perfect summer treat – with just the right amount of bourbon. Yes, it’s an adult version of a classic dessert but I love the rich flavor the bourbon adds to this recipe. Not a fan of alcohol, that’s OK too. This recipe can easily be made without the bourbon as well.
I can’t forget to mention the crunchy pecan streusel topping. It’s filled with enough butter and pecans to give you a nice crunchy bite with each spoonful. Heaven in a jar! I love to serve my peach crisps warm with a nice scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Lately, I have had an obsession with Mason Jars. They are perfect for baking and crafting. I used these 8 ounce Mason Jars for these Peach Bourbon Crisps. They are the perfect size for an individual serving – and pretty darn cute too.
You can easily make these ahead of time and serve at a party too. I love the rustic look of these crisps. The Mason Jars make the perfect presentation.
- Crisp Filling Ingredients
- 4 cups ripe Jersey Fresh Peaches peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons bourbon whiskey optional
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Pecan Streusel Ingredients
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and place mason jars on sheet.
- Peel and slice ripe peaches. Add peaches to medium bowl. Mix in flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt and bourbon.
- Fill each mason jar equally with peach crisp filling.
- To make streusel, add flour, oats, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter and mix until pea-sized crumbs form.
- Top each mason jar with pecan streusel.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees until golden.