I am winding down from one crazy week. Last week, both kids were on spring vacation. The week was highlighted by AJ’s 13th birthday and a quick, but jam-packed college visit tour to the Boston area with Gabrielle. Riddle me this? How do I have an almost 17-year-old and a 13-year-old AND how have they grown so quickly? Two teenagers in the house now. One is searching for the perfect college and the other has grown 6 inches in the last 5 months with no signs of stopping. I think I need a drink!
So…..I created this Sunrise Spritzer Cocktail when I returned home to help me unwind. This spritzer makes me happy. Fresh orange juice, vanilla vodka and Grand Mariner take center stage for this bright and cheery drink. It’s pretty tasty too.
There are a lot of fun and important holidays coming up in the next month or so…Mother’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, this cocktail would be perfect to serve for any one of these special events.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I have something BIG to celebrate. Today marks my one year “Blogiversary.” It’s hard to believe one year ago, I leaped into the blogging world. I am so glad I ventured down this path. I have learned so much and had so much fun sharing a little bit of this and a little bit of that with you, my readers.
Cheers to another year at How Does Your Garden Grow? and cheers to this Sunrise Spritzer Cocktail!
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier Liqueur
- 2 ounces Smirnoff Vanilla Vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/1 cup club soda or lemon lime soda
- Orange slice and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Ice cubes
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add Grand Marnier, vodka, and orange juice. Shake well.
- Fill a tall glass with some ice and pour cocktail into glass.
- Top with club soda or lemon lime soda and 2 tablespoons of cherry juice.
- Garnish with orange slice and maraschino cherries.