Watermelon Feta Arugula Salad is the perfect summer salad! The sweetness of the watermelon pairs perfectly with the salty feta, and the peppery arugula gives it a nice bite.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
What is Watermelon Feta Salad?
Watermelon feta salad is a healthy, refreshing, and easy-to-make summertime salad. It’s perfect for picnics, potlucks, and barbecues! This salad is so good. While it’s made often in the summertime, it also makes for a delicious salad any day of the week!
Summer is at its peak and fresh produce is at its bounty! I love it! While blueberry season is ending on our farm, we have started to pick some watermelon. So of course, I had to pair the two up before blueberry season ends. This salad is refreshing and delicious. It also is a great patriotic recipe for a July 4th party.
Ingredients to Make the Watermelon Salad
- Fresh watermelon – This watermelon will need to be cubed. Fresh watermelon is best!
- Fresh blueberries – I like to use blueberries when they are in season.
- Feta cheese – Grab the cubed or crumbled type from the store.
- Diced cucumber – You’ll be thankful that the diced cucumber is diced so small! It makes a difference.
- Arugula – Make sure you wash the arugula before you add it to the salad.
FAQs for Watermelon Feta Arugula Salad
What is the best type of watermelon to use for this salad?
I prefer seedless watermelon, but you can use whatever type you like! Yellow Watermelon (also called Yellow Dolls) is another fun addition or substitution. Check out your local farmers’ market and see what’s in season.
Can I substitute another cheese for the feta?
Yes, goat cheese would be a good substitute.
What goes with watermelon feta salad?
This salad goes great with just about anything! Try pairing it with grilled chicken or fish, roasted veggies, or even a simple pasta dish. It’s also delicious on its own!
How do you make watermelon feta salad?
It’s so easy! Start by cubing the watermelon and adding it to a large bowl. Next, add in the blueberries, feta cheese, diced cucumber, and arugula. Toss everything together until it’s evenly mixed. That’s it!
Does watermelon feta salad need to be refrigerated?
Yes, this salad should be stored in the fridge. It will keep for up to 3 days.
How to Store Watermelon Feta Arugula Salad
This salad should be stored in the fridge. It will keep for up to 3 days. I would recommend storing it in an airtight container or a resealable bag.
Extra Notes for Making Watermelon Salad
- Other ingredients that would pair well with the flavors of this salad: fresh strawberries, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, red onion, fresh mozzarella cheese, white beans, chickpeas, and prosciutto
- Add finely diced red onion or chopped fresh basil to the vinaigrette for more depth of flavor.
- If needed or preferred, substitute red wine vinegar for the white vinegar in the dressing.
- If desired, skip the vinaigrette and dress with balsamic vinegar or bring balsamic and honey to a boil together, then reduce heat to a simmer until thickened. Cool completely before drizzling over the salad, then serve.
- Want to make your salad presentation a bit more fancy? Skewer salad ingredients together or layer or toss and serve in individual cups with the dressing on the side.
Watermelon feta salad is the perfect summer salad! It’s healthy, refreshing, and easy to make. This salad is my go-to salad for any place I’m going. What’s your favorite part of this salad?
Try These Easy Summer Salad Recipes
- Red, White & Blueberry Salad
- Classic Macaroni Salad
- Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Low Carb Thai Salad
- Green Bean & Bacon Salad
Must-Have Salad-Making Resources
- To make the salad:
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, cubed
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
- ½ cup diced cucumber
- 4 cups arugula
- For the vinaigrette:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tablespoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- In a large serving bowl, platter, or other preferred vessel, layer or arrange the watermelon, blueberries, feta, cucumber, and arugula as desired.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a jar or other container with a lid and shake vigorously to combine.