Winter can take a toll on our mind, body, and soul. Here are 25 Ways To Take Care Of Yourself This Winter.
It seems like Mother Nature is on a mission this winter. Just a mere three weeks into the season and we have seen extreme cold and several snow events here in New Jersey. I am going to be honest, the one thing I like about winter is my ability to stay inside. When the weather turns cold, I like to hunker down by the fire and spend some quality time indoors. But is that really good?
The winter months can take a toll on our bodies. Dry skin, doing our best to stay healthy and the general “baby it’s cold outside” can really be depressing. Some of us love this time of year, while others long for those long summer days and warm summer nights. Which do you prefer? It’s not that I hate winter, I just much rather prefer warmer weather. So since we can’t fight mother nature, we will never win anyway, here are a few things to keep you rejuvenated during this cool and crisp season.
To help cure winter blues while we patiently wait for warmer weather, here are 25 Ways To Take Care Of Yourself This Winter.
- Exercise – Get up and move, practice yoga or just do some basic stretches. It does a body good!
- Get outside and breathe in the fresh winter air – A little crisp winter air is a good way to rejuvenate the senses. Bundle up, get outside, and walk off those winter blues.
- Drink a cup of warm tea – These Cherry Scones pair perfectly with a cup.
- Take a nice relaxing bath – Make a batch of these Mickey bath bombs or Frozen bath bombs to add to the hot water.
- Take a daily vitamin supplement – Ask your doctor about taking a vitamin supplement each day.
- Listen to music – Download a your favorite playlist and chill out and relax.
- Dance – Get up and get moving while listening to your favorite tunes.
- Organize your home – Focus on one drawer or room each day and organize one area or space.
- Bake some cookies – Baking soothes the soul. Spend a few hours in the kitchen baking your favorite cookie recipe. I am particularly fond of these Almond Joy Cups.
- Start a journal – Record your thoughts and dreams in a journal. You can even try bullet journaling.
- Talk to a friend – Pick up the phone and call a good friend to catch up, vent or just share a thought or two. It’s amazing how a good friend can cheer us up.
- Eat healthily – Focus on healthier eating. Practice portion control. Try making this Winter Salad With Warm Bacon Vinaigrette for lunch.
- Read a book – Pick up the latest bestseller of your choice (I’m partial to romance novels) and get lost in a good book.
- Give yourself a makeover – Try a new makeup style for winter. Simply applying some basic lipstick and eyeshadow makes you feel so much better.
- Stay hydrated – Remember to drink the recommended amount of water each day.
- Find a new hobby, or practice an old one – Do you have a favorite hobby? Crafting, collecting or building “things” is a great way to forget about the cold weather and focus on something you enjoy.
- Burn a seasonal candle – Fill your house with the nice fragrance of a seasonal scented candle.
- Snuggle by the fire – Grab a blanket and book and let the fire warm you up.
- Watch a good movie – A good chick flick (or any movie of your choice) is the perfect way to forget about the cold weather outside.
- Pamper yourself – Take care of your skin during the winter months. Use a sugar scrub to exfoliate your dry hands and legs. I love this peppermint sugar scrub. It’s so refreshing.
- Create a vision board – Everyone should have dreams and goals. Outline them all on a vision board so you can achieve them.
- Plan a summer vacation – The best way to forget about winter is to think about summer. Plan a family vacation so you all can look forward to summer fun! Planning Road trips, Disney trips or staycation close to home is a great way to forget about cold weather.
- Unplug – Turn off those electronic devices and just focus on yourself and your family.
- Meditate – Focus on mind, body and, soul. Take some time to meditate each day.
- Binge watch your favorite Netflix show – Watch your favorite show or find a new one on Netflix.