Apple season calls for easy fall recipes. These Apple Caramel Walnut Cheesecake Bars are a family favorite. Grab a cup of coffee and dig into this perfect fall dessert.
This is sponsored post. All opinions are mine alone. This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
When it comes to both baking and eating desserts, I have a pretty high standard. My mom is the most amazing baker. She’s an old school baker – everything from scratch. So naturally, I am very particular when it comes to dessert. It doesn’t have to be fancy, it just has to be goooooood. Just like mamma makes.
Mom is my number one taste tester for the great recipes I share here. When she says “it’s good”, then I know that I was taught well. I have shared a lot of recipes here on the I can honestly say that these Apple Caramel Walnut Cheesecake Bars are one of my favorite apple recipes to date. Mom agreed and even went back for seconds.
While we all love to sit down and enjoy a finished recipe, the preparation can sometimes be messy. I am not ashamed to admit it, but I am the world’s messiest baker. I am. My kitchen often looks like a war zone in the food preparation process. Thankfully, Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponges make clean up so much easier.
New Scotch-Brite® Non-Scratch Scrub Dots Sponges (the blue ones) do a great job cleaning up the mess on my countertops and cook top. It can also safely clean all cookware without scratching. Scotch-Brite® Heavy Duty Scrub Dots Sponges (the green ones) are perfect for eliminating baked-on messes. They are perfect for use on pots, pans, and heavy-duty cookware.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Apple Caramel Walnut Cheesecake Bars?
Since apple season is in full swing on our farm, it’s time to celebrate with these Apple Caramel Walnut Cheesecake Bars. I never met a cheesecake that I didn’t like. This one recipe has the best of both worlds – farm fresh apples and a cheesecake layer. Hello goodness!
How Do I Make Cheesecake Bars?
This decadent dish of delight starts with a large bowl and a shortbread crust. Then the cheesecake layer is poured on top followed by some freshly chopped apples and a sweet walnut streusel topping. It may look fancy or sound complicated, but it really isn’t! It’s is very easy to make.
Once baked and cooled drizzle plenty of caramel sauce over the top of the Apple Caramel Walnut Cheesecake Bars. I prefer to add the caramel drizzle over each bar when served so the topping doesn’t get soggy.
…and when the dish is empty, Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots scrubs away kitchen messes fast. The clean-up is always my least favorite part of the baking process. So glad Scotch-Brite® Scrub Dots makes it so much easier.
Apples, caramel, and walnuts are the perfect flavorful fall combination. Add the cheesecake to the mix and you have one out-of-this-world dessert that everyone will love.
What Are The Best Apples To Bake With
Here are some apple varieties that you can bake with. I like to mix the varieties of apples to add more depth of flavor to the recipe.
- Stayman Winesap
- Granny Smith
More Delicious Apple Recipes:
Save this Cheesecake Bar Recipe for later. Pin This easy fall dessert to your favorite Pinterest Board.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 3 - 8- ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 Apples I use a mixed variety to enhance flavor - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of the sugar
- Walnut Streusel Topping
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- Caramel Topping for drizzling when served.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar and mix well. Add two egg yolks, one at a time beating well after each. Beat in flour on low until mixture forms small crumbs. Add half and half. Press evenly into a 9 x 13 baking pan. Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with the 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Add three (room temperature) large eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla. Pour over the shortbread crust.
- In a medium bowl, stir chopped apples together with 3 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon. Spoon over cheesecake mixture.
- To make the walnut streusel topping, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Use a pastry blender or fork to mix. It should form small crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping over the apples. Bake 40 - 45 minutes until filling is set.
- Before serving, drizzle with caramel topping.