Get in the holiday spirit while celebrating a Christmas classic with these Grinch Jello Shots. They’re simple to make and fun to taste. This fun Christmas cocktail will definitely warm the Grinch’s cold heart.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Grinch Jello Shots
Have you always loved the movie, How The Grinch Stole Christmas? If so, you’ll love preparing these Grinch Jello Shots for your friends and family when celebrating the holidays.
Not only are they easy to make, but they’re also something different and fun for adults. While the kids are unwrapping presents and getting excited about everything Santa Claus has to bring them, the adults can have fun consuming these shots!
Ingredients for the Grinch Jello Shots
- Green Gelatin – You’ll need green gelatin to go with the Grinch theme. Of course, this is usually lime flavored!
- Vodka – Enhance the taste and add an alcoholic touch to your shots with a bit of your favorite vodka.
- Peppermint Extract – Add up to three drops of the peppermint extract to give these shots a cooler, refreshing taste.
- Whipped Cream – Don’t forget to top your prepared shots with a bit of whipped cream as a special finishing touch.
- Condiment Cups – Grab a package of 2-ounce condiment cups at your local supermarket.
You’ll also need water to make the jello shots and some artificial red candy hearts to place on top of each shot.
How many shots does this recipe make?
When adding your gelatin into two-ounce containers, this recipe will make up to 12 shots. However, if you’re using larger containers, you may only get between six and eight shots.
Can I add more vodka to the jello shots?
Of course! Add as much as you’d like, but keep in mind that more vodka will alter the taste of these jello shots and make them much stronger.
What brand and flavor of vodka should I use?
You can use any brand and flavor of vodka. We used Four Freedom Vodka, but you can use what you normally buy or already have at home. You can even choose from flavored vodka options, such as peppermint or whipped cream vodka.
Where can I find the edible candy hearts?
Most craft supply stores will carry these candy hearts. If not, you can check Target, Walmart, or Amazon to find them.
Grinch Jello Shots Tips
- If you’re not a big fan of mint-flavored treats, you can replace the peppermint extract with a different type of extract, such as coconut or banana.
- Use any brand of gelatin that you want to get. It doesn’t matter if it’s the Jell-O name brand or a generic version. Any kind will work fine in this recipe.
- Let your shots set for a minimum of two hours. If possible, leave them in the fridge overnight before adding your whipped cream and red hearts on top. You want to make sure the gelatin sets and become solid before adding your whipped cream to the shots.
Grinch Jello Shots are a fantastic treat for adults who enjoy celebrating the holidays as much as the kids. Prepare these shots and have them ready for your adult loved ones to enjoy when visiting you this holiday season.
More Easy Jello Shot Recipes
Christmas Party Recipes & Ideas
- Christmas Tree Cupcakes
- Italian Christmas Cookies
- Ribbon Tree Ornaments
- Reindeer Bark
- Hot Cocoa In A Jar
- Peppermint Sugar Scrub
Get in the holiday spirit while celebrating a Christmas classic with these Grinch Jello Shots. They’re simple to make and fun to taste. This fun Christmas cocktail will definitely warm the Grinch's cold heart.
- 2 cups water
- 1 packages flavored green gelatin (6 oz. size)
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 2-3 drops of peppermint extract
- 3/4 cold water
- Garnishes: Whipped cream and small red hearts purchased here
- In a medium pan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and add in green jello mix and whisk until fully dissolved.
- Add peppermint extract and vodka if making these boozy.
- Pour cooled mixture into shot glasses and place into the refrigerator to set, around 2 hours or overnight.
- Top jello shots with whipped cream and a red heart!
- Enjoy ☺