Ready for a fun and tasty treat for the spooky season? This easy Halloween Bark recipe is a classic sweet treat that both adults and children can enjoy. It’s the perfect recipe for Halloween parties and gatherings.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Do you want to make an incredible treat for Halloween that you can enjoy with friends and family? Instead of baking cupcakes, try this incredible Halloween Bark recipe. It’s fun to make, tastes great, and is easy to prepare.
You can even get the children to lend helping hands while preparing this tasty bark. It’s the perfect snack to grab when you’re on the go and want something sweet to eat!
Why You’ll Love the Homemade Halloween Bark
- Halloween Bark is so easy to make! You won’t need a lot of ingredients to prepare this incredible treat.
- Not only does it taste incredible, but it looks so neat! You’ll love the way the candy eyeballs look with the Halloween sprinkles and candy melts.
- You can make this to eat at home or prepare it and serve it as a treat for Halloween parties and gatherings.
Why do I need orange candy melts?
The orange candy melts go perfectly with the Halloween theme. You’ll use the candy melts with other ingredients, including the candy eyeballs and sprinkles.
HOWEVER, of course, you can change up the colors for this easy Halloween snack recipe. Grab some lime green candy melts and turn this recipe into monster bark. Let those creative juices flow.
What should I do if I don’t have a piping bag?
If you don’t have a piping bag, it’s not that big of a deal. Instead, you can use a sealable sandwich or food storage bag, adding your ingredients to that instead of using a traditional piping bag.
Do I need to have special equipment to make this bark?
You’ll need some specific items to prepare the Halloween Bark, such as a medium-sized bowl, spoon, parchment-lined baking sheet, rubber spatula, piping bags, and scissors. You’ll also need a toothpick or skewer.
Which eyeballs do I add first?
Start with the larger eyes when adding them to your candy melt mixture. After you’ve added the large eyeballs, you can start adding the smaller ones, placing them in the perfect spots where you have a bit of extra space for them.
Can I use different colored candy melts?
Absolutely! While the orange candy melts are great to use, you can always choose other Halloween-inspired colors, including purple and green, both of which are commonly used in Halloween decorations.
How long will I need to let the Halloween Bark sit in the fridge?
Once you’ve prepared the ingredients, you’ll need to let the bark sit in the fridge for a minimum of 15 minutes to get cold. After it gets cold, you can break it apart and eat it right away or put it in a container to save it for later.
How do I store the Halloween Bark?
You can place the Halloween Bark in a parchment-lined plastic food storage container with a lid, keeping it in the fridge to keep it fresh while preventing it from melting. It will stay good for up to a week when left in the fridge until you’re ready to eat it.
Try These Easy Candy Bark Recipes
More Easy Halloween Snack Recipes
Ready for a fun and tasty treat for the spooky season? This easy Halloween Bark recipe is a classic sweet treat that both adults and children can enjoy. It's the perfect recipe for Halloween parties and gatherings.
- 10 ounces Orange Candy Melts 2 ounces Black Candy Melts Large Candy Eyeballs
- Small Candy Balls
- Halloween Sprinkles of choice
- Melt black candy melts according to package instructions
- Add to a piping bag or zip lock bag
- Melt orange candy melts and 1 tsp of paramount crystals or coconut oil to a bowl
- Melt according to package instructions
- Once smooth, pour out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Smooth out to 1/8" thickness
- Snip the tip of your piping bag (or ziplock bag).
- Starting in the center make a dot.
- Without releasing pressure create a circle around the dot but continue to go around and around until you run out of space.
- Using a toothpick or skewer, start at the center dot and drag the tip away from the center. Move over just a little and drag the tip towards the cent dot.
- Complete this pattern all the way around the bark
- Add large eyes first, then the smaller eyes, and fill in the rest with Halloween Sprinkles
- Chill in the fridge for 15-20 mins.
- Break apart and enjoy
Medium Sized Bowl
Parchment Lined Baking Sheet
Rubber Spatula or Offset Spatula
Paramount Crystals Amazon.com : CK Products Paramount Melting Crystals, 4 Ounce, 2 Pack : Candy : Grocery & Gourmet Food
Piping bags or ziplock bag Scissors
Toothpick or Skewer