This Stuffed Pizza Zucchini Boats recipe is a perfect low carb dinner option or side dish. This easy zucchini recipe is perfect for 30-minute meal for summer. Try these zucchini boats for an easy weeknight meal idea.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Summer is here and that means one thing. Chances are you either have a boatload of zucchini growing in your garden or you are finding plenty of this delicious recipe at your local farmers’ market. Zucchini is a pretty hardy vegetable that can grow to the size of a baseball bat overnight if not picked soon enough. These Stuffed Pizza Zucchini Boats are a delicious low carb option you can serve as a main meal or side dish.
Pretty much everyone ones pizza, right? These boats are a yummy take on the classic Italian favorite. I love to make zucchini boats. They are a fun way to jazz up an ordinary vegetable. You can also check out my Mexican Zucchini Boats and stuffed zucchini boats recipes. Please don’t judge the photos. LOL. My photography skills have come a long way baby. But those zucchini recipes are equally delicious to try.
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make Zucchini Boats?
Medium zucchini, cut into quarters
Salt & Pepper to taste
Small onion, diced
Jar Marinara sauce
Shredded mozzarella cheese
How Do I Make Stuffed Pizza Zucchini Boats?
Tip 1: You will need four medium-size zucchini for this recipe. Cut them in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and make a well in the center. l like to use a grapefruit spoon to do this. You can also use a tablespoon or melon baller to remove the seeds.
Tips 2: Place the zucchini on a baking sheet. Rub with olive oil, season and bake for 10 minutes.
Tip 3: I showed how to make the meat sauce using a jar of spaghetti sauce. This saves some time. But if you like to make your own meat sauce, that would be awesome.
Tip 4: Before baking, top with a lot of mozzarella cheese and pepperoni before baking.
Zucchini Boats Recipe Essentials
These items are helpful to have at home when preparing this zucchini recipe.
Meal Plan Game Plan
Add this delicious Zucchini recipe to your weekly meal plan. Here are a few other items that you can also add to your meal plan game plan too.
Main Dish: Zesty Parmesan Zucchini Noodles
Side Dish 1: Summer Tomato Pie
Refreshing Drinks: Non-Alcoholic Tropical Party Punch
Eat dessert first!: Peach Breakfast Danish
Save this Stuffed Pizza Zucchini Boats recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
More Farm Fresh Recipes to Try
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 32 slices pepperoni
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.
2. Use a spoon to scoop the center out of each zucchini quarter. Brush the zucchini with olive oil and season with garlic powder and black pepper. Place the zucchini in the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
3. While the zucchini is baking, brown the ground beef and onions. Combine the cooked ground beef and marinara sauce.
4. Remove the zucchini from the oven and fill the center with ground beef and marinara sauce. Top with shredded cheese and pepperoni.
5. Place the zucchini back in the oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted.