Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet S’mores are an updated twist of the campfire classic. This recipe has the perfect amount of chocolate and peanut butter.
Happy National S’mores Day! I really can’t keep up with all these food holidays. As a girl scout leader for the past 13 years, we have had our share of s’mores in our troop. They are pretty much a staple in the girl scout community. S’mores are a campfire classic. So since I officially hung up my leader badge, I am going to be honest. I am not really a s’mores type of gal. Of course, I took one for the team and enjoyed them with the troop around the campfire. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet S’mores, however, are a whole different ballgame.
There is something magical when chocolate and peanut butter unite. They are made for each other…..like a match made in heaven. These skillet s’mores feed a crowd, which is perfect for a party or get together. You can easily make a smaller amount by cutting back on the ingredients and using a smaller skillet. They only take 15 minutes to make too. Begin by layering pieces of chocolate, peanut butter chips and some homemade peanut butter topping on the bottom of at 10″ cast iron skillet.
Add a layer of marshmallows to the top and pop in the oven for about 12 minutes. It’s a peanut butter and chocolatey goodness! Super quick. Super easy. Super delicious.
From camping to backyard cookouts, s’mores are certainly an American classic. This updated version will satisfy the chocolate and peanut butter in all of us. This former scout leader gives this recipe reinvention two thumbs up! Family and friends will definitely be wanting s’more of these Chocolate Peanut Butter Skillet S’mores.
Happy National S’mores Day!
- 6 - 1.55 ounce chocolate bars
- 1 bag large marshmallows
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Peanut Butter Topping: In a medium saucepan, add peanut butter, evaporated milk, brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium until incorporated.
- In a 10" cast iron skillet, layer chocolate bar pieces and peanut butter chips. Drizzle peanut butter topping over the top.
- Add a layer of marshmallows to the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with graham crackers.