Do you look forward to that particular time of year when all the grocery stores release pumpkin-flavored everything? From pies to ice cream and even Hershey’s Kisses, there are so many tasty treats with that undeniably delicious pumpkin taste to them, like this easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Indulge in the warm and comforting flavors of fall with our Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake. This delectable dessert combines the rich, creamy goodness of pumpkin with a satisfyingly crunchy topping, creating a delightful contrast of textures and tastes. With just a few simple steps, you’ll have a mouthwatering treat that’s perfect for autumn gatherings or a cozy night in. It’s the ultimate way to savor the season’s favorite flavors in every bite.
If you want to make something pumpkin-flavored that isn’t the typical pie that you would normally make, this Pumpkin Cake is worth preparing. It’s super simple, absolutely delicious, and will be perfect for Thanksgiving or an after-dinner dessert with the family.
What Is a Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
The Pumpkin Crunch Cake is a simple dessert prepared in a baking dish that consists of pumpkin puree combined with pumpkin pie spice, sugar, yellow cake mix, chopped pecans, and a few other ingredients, giving it the perfect flavor and texture. It’s sweet yet not overpowering, light and fluffy, and full of crunch in every bite because of the addition of chopped pecans into the cake batter.
Pumpkin Crunch Cake Ingredients
- Pumpkin Puree – Use a 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree. You can grab any brand you prefer or can find at the grocery store.
- Sugar – Use 1 ½ cups of granulated sugar to give your pumpkin puree a sweeter taste.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Add roughly two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice for an additional flavor reminiscent of what you would taste when biting into a slice of pumpkin pie.
- Yellow Cake Mix – Use one box of yellow cake mix with your ingredients. You can use any brand.
- Pecans – Chop the pecans or crush them into pieces and toss them into the batter.
In addition to these ingredients, you will need evaporated milk, butter, salt, and four eggs. You don’t need too many ingredients to make this delicious Pumpkin Crunch Cake.
How To Make Pumpkin Cake: Recipe Notes
- Melt your butter in a microwave-safe bowl and pour it over the batter before putting your cake mixture into the oven.
- After allowing the cake to bake for 50 minutes, check it out to see what it looks like. If your pecans look a bit too dark, tent your foil for the remaining amount of time.
- Give your cake at least 10 minutes to cool down on a wire rack before serving it. It’s great when served warm, but you don’t want to burn yourself in the process!
Pumpkin Crunch Cake FAQs
Which brand of pumpkin puree is best to use for this recipe?
Although you can choose any brand of pumpkin puree, Libby’s is my favorite one to use.
Can I add glazed pecans to this recipe instead of regular pecans?
Yes! The glazed pecans will give this cake a sweeter taste, so keep that in mind! They will still taste just as good as regular pecans.
What should I serve with the Pumpkin Crunch Cake?
Serve your cake on its own or with a tall glass of milk and a scoop of ice cream.
Fall Baking Kitchen Essentials
Try These Easy Pumpkin Desserts
Indulge in the warm and comforting flavors of fall with our Easy Pumpkin Crunch Cake. This delectable dessert combines the rich, creamy goodness of pumpkin with a satisfyingly crunchy topping, creating a delightful contrast of textures and tastes. With just a few simple steps, you'll have a mouthwatering treat that's perfect for autumn gatherings or a cozy night in. It's the ultimate way to savor the season's favorite flavors in every bite
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 eggs
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 (15.25 oz) box of yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit, and spray a 9x13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, eggs, and evaporated milk.
- Pour that mixture into the 9x13 inch pan.
- Sprinkle the yellow cake mix over top of the pumpkin mixture and gently smooth out evenly.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl, then drizzle the melted butter over the cake mix.
- Sprinkle the pecans over top.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes. Check after about 50 minutes, if the pecans are getting too dark, tent the cake with foil for the last bit of bake time.
- Allow the cake to cool a bit, and serve warm with ice cream.