Simple and delicious is the perfect way to describe this easy Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Chicken & Asparagus recipe. This tasty chicken recipe is a simple and flavorful weeknight dinner. It’s the perfect meal-in-one!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
It’s asparagus season in New Jersey. It’s a welcome sign that spring is here. It also means that our Jersey Fresh corn and tomatoes are right around the corner. Woo hoo!
Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus is not only easy to make, but it’s also good for you and contains healthy, fresh ingredients. The next time you’re in the mood for a flavorful, healthy meal that won’t take hours to prepare, this is the recipe to try.
Ingredients Needed to Make the Sheet Pan Chicken
Grab the following ingredients to make this stress-free meal at home:
- Chicken – Use around three to four breasts for this sheet pan recipe.
- Honey – Add a bit of honey for the sweet touch it brings to this dish.
- Lemon Juice – Bring a slightly zesty taste to your chicken and veggies with some lemon juice.
- Garlic Cloves – Be sure to mince around three cloves of garlic.
- Asparagus – Trim the woody ends of your asparagus before you add it to the baking sheet.
You’ll only need a few other ingredients, such as soy sauce, black pepper, fresh parsley, and lemon slices to use as garnish. Although optional, the lemon slices soak into the chicken and asparagus, giving it that slightly tangy taste that is amazing.
FAQs for Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Chicken & Asparagus
- Do I need to use fresh lemon juice for this recipe? While you can use bottled lemon juice for this recipe, it’s best to use the fresh lemon juice so that you can use the slices to garnish your chicken and asparagus when you’re preparing it.
- Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast? Yes, you can. If you only have chicken thighs, you can use them to prepare this delicious recipe. Be sure to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs so that you don’t have to deal with any skin or bones.
- Is there an alternative I can use for soy sauce? If you don’t want to use soy sauce, you can use coconut aminos as a substitute because they also have a slightly tangy taste. If not, you can leave the soy sauce out of this recipe, and it will still taste good because of all the other ingredients used to make this meal.
- What if I don’t like asparagus? Asparagus is a great addition to this meal, but it’s not the only option. If you don’t like the way it tastes, you can replace the asparagus with broccoli, cauliflower, or even zucchini, all of which will taste amazing with this Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Chicken.
What to Serve with the Sheet Pan Chicken and Asparagus
You can eat the chicken with asparagus alone or serve it with some of your favorite sides, such as roasted potatoes, white rice, or even pasta. It’s such a flavorful, versatile dish that you can serve with lots of your favorite foods! Try this recipe for your weekly meal plan.
Must-Have Recipe Resources
These kitchen items are needed to make this breaded parmesan chicken recipe.
More Easy Asparagus Recipes
Try These Easy Weeknight Meal Recipes
Save this Easy Weeknight Meal Idea. Pin the image to your favorite Pinterest board.
Simple and delicious is the perfect way to describe this easy Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Chicken & Asparagus recipe. This tasty chicken recipe is a simple and flavorful weeknight dinner. It's the perfect meal-in-one!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 3-4 breasts depending on size)
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced for garnish
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed off
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- In a bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, and minced garlic and set aside.
- Add chicken breasts to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with pepper and spoon on a light coat of the honey lemon sauce. Place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and add asparagus to sheet pan surrounding chicken.
- Drizzle the asparagus with some of the honey lemon sauce and toss gently to coat. Add a sprinkle of black pepper and return to the oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Spoon on extra honey lemon sauce and garnish with freshly chopped parsley before serving.