Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies
Get ready to watch the sequel of Hocus Pocus while feasting on these flavorful Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies. They’re fun to prepare, bake with ease, and taste amazing!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a small commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Hocus Pocus Cookies
Are you getting excited about the upcoming release of Hocus Pocus 2? It’s the perfect movie to watch with the family while getting ready for the spooky season! I can’t wait to see what the Sanderson Sisters are up to this time. Winnie and the gang never disappoint.
What could be better than sitting together and watching this movie on the screen? Having the most delicious cookies to go with them. Enjoy these cookies on their own or dip them in a tall glass of milk while you watch!
Why You Should Try These Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies
There are plenty of good reasons to test your baking skill in the kitchen while preparing these cookies, such as:
- The Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies are made from scratch! You’ll prepare them using an assortment of different ingredients, such as cold butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and more.
- These cookies are delicious. Of course, they’re going to look good, but they’ll taste even better!
- It’s not hard to make these cookies. Even if you’re not much of a baker, you can get the kids to lend a helping hand and put these tasty cookies together as a family.
Hocus Pocus Cookie Notes
- Make sure you’re using COLD butter and not warm or room temperature butter before combining it with other ingredients.
- When adding your chocolate chips to the batter, it helps to use your hands to mix them in.
- When scooping out your cookie dough, use an ice cream scooper. It’s the perfect way to make sure your cookies are close to being the same size!
What should I do if I don’t have brown sugar for these cookies?
The brown sugar does impact the taste of these cookies, enhancing their flavor and making it a must-have ingredient. If you don’t have brown sugar but you happen to have molasses and white sugar, you can combine the two to prepare brown sugar from scratch at home.
Can I use a hand mixer if I don’t have a stand mixer?
Absolutely! If you don’t have a stand mixer, feel free to use a bowl and hand mixer to combine your ingredients. It’s easier to do this than to attempt to mix your ingredients with a wooden spoon or by hand.
What types of chocolate chips should I use?
You can use milk chocolate, dark chocolate, or semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe. You also have the option of using traditional chips or mini chocolate chips, depending on which you prefer and currently have at home.
Where can I find Halloween sprinkles?
You should have no problem finding Halloween sprinkles in stores like Target and Walmart. If you’re unable to find them, Amazon has plenty of options. Choose any Halloween sprinkles you personally like!
Get ready to watch the Hocus Pocus movie with your loved ones while snacking on these sweet, chocolatey cookies! They’re so fun to make from scratch using simple ingredients, such as cake flour, sugar, chocolate chips, and more.
Cookie Baking Kitchen Essentials
Hocus Pocus Movie Night Ideas
Ready to watch the Hocus Pocus 2 Premiere on Disney+? Check out these Hocus Pocus-themed recipes and crafts. These ideas will make a spooktacular Halloween Movie Night!
- Cauldron Corn
- Witches’ Brew Cupcakes
- Hocus Pocus Brownies
- Halloween Word Search
- Cauldron Slime
- Bat Cakes
- Halloween Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 100+ Disney Pumpkin Carving Ideas
- Make Your Own No-Carve Disney Pumpkins
- Monster Rice Krispies Treats
- Minnie Cauldron Cakes
- DIY Witch Candy Holder
Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies
Get ready to watch the sequel of Hocus Pocus while feasting on these flavorful Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies. This Halloween Cookie recipe is perfect to enjoy while watching the Sanderson Sisters. These Hocus Pocus Spooky Cookies are perfectly spooky and delicious. If you need a new cookie recipe for Halloween, make these!
- 1 1⁄2 cup COLD unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cups white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup dark cocoa
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 3⁄4 tsp salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup halloween sprinkles
- 1⁄2 cup candy eyes
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add the butter and sugar.
- Mix on high until fully combined and it's light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs to the sugar mixture 1 at a time.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and continue to mix.
- In a large bowl add the flour, cocoa, cake flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the flour mixture into the butter mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Mix on medium speed until flour is fully combined.
- Add the chocolate chips to the batter and use your hands to mix to combine.
- Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 420 degrees.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or baking mats.
- Use an ice cream scoop and scoop out your cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball.
- Continue until all of the cookie dough has been rolled into balls.
- Set to the side.
- In a small bowl add sprinkles.
- Roll the cookie dough into the sprinkles until evenly coated all over.
- Place the cookie dough balls on the baking pan allowing 1-2 inches apart from each other.
- Randomly add candy eyes to the cookie balls and lightly press in to secure.
- Bake 1 baking pan at a time for 13-14 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy