Salted Caramel Apple Cake is moist, fluffy and loaded with fresh sweet apples. It is then drizzled with a decadent salted caramel glaze. This apple cake recipe is a winner!
This post may contain affiliate links. We may receive a commission if you click and purchase something. Please see our disclosure policy for more details.
Apples, cinnamon and salted caramel. Sounds like a match made in heaven, doesn’t it? That certainly is the case while I was enjoying a slice of the Salted Caramel Apple Cake. I love to make apple cakes. In fact, my Jewish Apple Cake recipe is the most popular recipe here on The Farm Girl Gabs. Hopefully, you have had a chance to take your family out to your local apple orchard to pick an abundance of fresh apples. Apple picking is such a fun fall activity. This easy recipe is a perfect way to use up those apples you just picked. If you haven’t had a chance to pick your own apples, head out to your local farmers market to grab some. Since it is fall, they are in great supply now and I am sure you can catch a good deal.
This apple cake recipe is very similar to this Apple Crumb Cake recipe I shared last year. Except, this one is drizzled with my favorite salted caramel syrup. Anything salted caramel is my current obsession. After one bite of this yummy apple cake, I knew it was a winner. But, our course I had to have another slice just to be sure. You wouldn’t want me sharing a “just ok” recipe with your, would you?
Salted Caramel Apple Cake Recipe Tips and Instructions
You can use any type of apple you like for this recipe. I always like to mix my apples when I bake. Using different apple varieties adds to the depth of flavor in the cake.
Make sure the butter is at room temperature. This makes mixing with the sugar much easier. It allows the mixure to become light and fluffy
Must-Have Recipe Resources
These items are helpful to have on hand when making this Salted Caramel Apple Cake Recipe.
Meal Plan Game Plan
Add this delicious Salted Caramel Apple Cake recipe to your weekly meal plan. Here are a few other items that you can also add to your meal plan game plan too.
Main Dish: Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
Side Dish 1: Loaded Skillet Potatoes
Side Dish 2: Apple Raisin Coleslaw
Refreshing Drinks: Apple Cider Margarita
Save this Salted Caramel Apple Cake recipe for later. Pin the image below to your favorite Pinterest Board.
More Apple Recipes To Try
- Cinnamon Topping Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 C unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 large Gala apple (peeled and chopped)
- Cake Ingredients:
- 8 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 C sugar
- 2 eggs (large)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C sour cream
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 bottle of salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using baking spray prep the springform pan by spraying it all over.
- Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
- Combine and mix the dry cake ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cinnamon Topping Directions:
- Add the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Whisk these ingredients together.Add the melted butter and vanilla. Stir this together until it is evenly moist. Set aside.
- Cake Directions:
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy. Slowly add the egg beating well to combine ingredients.
- Beat in the vanilla and sour cream.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients mixing just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter in half.
- Spread one half of the batter to the bottom of the springform pan. (This layer will be very thin)
- Spread the apple chunks evenly covering the cake batter.
- Sprinkle one cup of the cinnamon topping mixture over the apples. Top the apples with the remaining the last half of the cake batter. Spread it well to evenly cover the apples and cinnamon topping. Spread the remaining cinnamon topping on top of this.Bake at 350 degrees for 35-50 minutes. (Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to make it is done)
- When the cake is done but before removing it from the ring of the springform pan gently run a thin knife around the cake.
- Drizzle the salted caramel all over the top