In order to survive your Star Wars vacation (let’s face it. It’s all about Star Wars, now.), at Disneyland Resort or Walt Disney World, here are some Galaxy’s Edge Survival Tips. Check out these tips to help with your Galaxy’s Edge plans.
If you have a Disneyland vacation coming up in June, or a Disney World vacation coming after August, you must be absolutely giddy over the fact that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is going to be open. In fact, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge officially opened on May 31, 2019, at Disneyland Park in Anaheim, Calif., and is opening on Aug. 29, 2019, in Walt Disney World.
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Invites Guests to Be Heroes of Their Own Adventures in Groundbreaking New ‘Living Land’
Interactions with Disney Cast members will take the story immersion of this “out of this world” land to a whole new level. Disney cast members working in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge can become part of the story, as local citizens of Batuu. They are encouraged to develop their own identities and personas within the stories of their roles, and to interact with guests.
No doubt the wait to get into the new Star Wars themed land is going to require tons of patience. You will probably miss out on a lot of other fun attractions, but it’s most definitely going to be worth it to experience something so fresh and so technologically advanced. In order to help you survive your Star Wars vacation (let’s face it. It’s all about Star Wars, now.), here are some tips to help with your Galaxy’s Edge plans.
There is a high level of technology and emphasis on the guest experience that has not happened before. While each land obviously has a maximum capacity, it is rare that a section of the park gets overfilled. When a new land opens, such as Pandora at Animal Kingdom, the park does become crowded to the point where capacity is reached and no more guests will be allowed in. The difference with how this might affect your Galaxy’s Edge plans is that only a limited amount of people will be allowed into the Star Wars themed area, to begin with.
The attention to guest overall experience as it is described by Imagineers will be unprecedented. So, definitely show up at least a couple of hours before the park opens. We will have to wait an see if the popularity of this land decreases overtime.
It sounds as though the emphasis on the guest experience is driving capacity levels of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, which means once inside, it should be relatively pleasant. This is your story, your adventure on the edge of the galaxy. The first item on your Galaxy’s Edge plans is to hit Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run, the only open attraction. Try and have someone in your group secure snacks, or maybe some blue milk while you wait. After the ride let the spirit of adventure guide your exploration of the marketplace and be sure to plan a visit to Oga’s Cantina.
Use your Disney Play App to interact with the world and discover secrets. One shop will have a sign that needs to be decoded to find what secrets lie inside.
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is the first land in a Disney park designed from the ground up to fully integrate with the Play Disney Parks mobile app.**
- When guests enter the land, they will be able to transform the Play Disney Parks app into their very own Star Wars: Datapad on their mobile devices. As guests earn galactic credits for things they do in the land using their Datapad, the credits will show in their Datapad profile.
- The app will provide four primary functions to unlock a deeper level of storytelling within the land:
- Hack – Interact with certain droids, blinking door panels and other scenic elements
- Scan – Explore the contents of cargo crates and other containers and collect virtual items
- Translate – Understand written languages from the Star Wars galaxy
- Tune – Tap into the signals from satellite dishes and antenna arrays to eavesdrop on characters’ conversations
If you are visiting Galaxy’s Edge in Disneyland before June 24th, then you will have to have reservations to experience it. The reservations do not cost extra and they come automatically with a stay at one of Disney’s three Anaheim hotels.